Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have had a hysterectomy please come here.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

I had a partial hysterectomy (just the uterus) back in 2009. Since then I have gained between 20-25 pounds and have started having hot flashes, waking up in the middle of the night sweating, insomnia some nights, and mood swings. I have not been to the doctor yet to have my hormone levels checked because it has not been bad over the last few years but about the last few months it seems to be getting worse. Could the weight gain and the mood swings along with everything else be from the hysterectomy and early menopause? I plan to go to the dr in a couple of days.

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Yes it most likely is. I'm going through the same thing, except I had a full hysterectomy in January. Just a FYI...menopause can also cause your hair to fall out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I had a full hysterectomy back in 2006 are you close to what would of been your normal menopause time?That could be the affects you are having now. I would say talk to your dr.

mom22boys333
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I had a partial in March and then they put me on anti-anxiety meds and I'm experiencing lots of vomiting, rapid weight loss, I sweat all the time and at night I sweat and freeze.  I'm not having the mood swings though.  I thought it was from the meds.

Good luck hun!

ladybugchick317
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I am 37

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a full hysterectomy back in 2006 are you close to what would of been your normal menopause time?That could be the affects you are having now. I would say talk to your dr.

ladybugchick317
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I was losing it by the handfulls everytime I washed my hair but not as bad since I cut off about 10 inches.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes it most likely is. I'm going through the same thing, except I had a full hysterectomy in January. Just a FYI...menopause can also cause your hair to fall out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN