Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No such thing as "we're" pregnant

Posted by   + Show Post
I really can't stand when I hear people say "we're pregnant". Last time I checked, only the woman is pregnant. Jesus Christ are men so needy now that they can even let us be pregnant?? This is just another way we as society are taking away masculinity from our guys....task tsk
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM
It annoys me too. Yes, we both made a baby. No, I would not be pregnant without him. We, however, are not both carrying a baby in our bodies therefore we are not pregnant.
syanmomie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Normally yes, but this time around I am on strict bed rest. He has done it all since January. He gets to take credit on this one at least!

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

:) I got very lucky, some woman probably do go through it alone in many ways! I still take care of our kids, mow the yard, take out the trash, run from sport to sport, help with the business etc but he def gives me a little extra love and support when pregnant:)

Quoting syanmomie:

Exactly what I was going to say!

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

I say we are expecting or pregnant!  I am not pregnant alone, thank goodness and I appreciate I can include him in this stage in that little way..

He may not carry the child but he supports me, does so much for our children so I can rest, paints my toes, gets up with me if I have a crazy preggo dream, does craving runs or makes me my favorite meal, rubs my back and feet, encourages me, baby shops, deals with my ups and downs and tells me I am beautiful everyday! He is a great man and def goes through pregnancy with me the best he can.

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Oh yes bedrest would change things a lot! I like to do the yard and stuff since I can be alone which is rare:)

When is baby due? That is a long time to be on bedrest! I can't imagine.. Glad he is helping out and you are holding up okay!!?

Quoting syanmomie:

Normally yes, but this time around I am on strict bed rest. He has done it all since January. He gets to take credit on this one at least!

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

!

So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM
We have been trying for so long that WE will both be pregnant when the time comes.
TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband never said we're pregnant, but I don't see what the big deals. I'm glad when men are excited about their children and want to feel included.
syanmomie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I am going nuts! I want to clean my house and I can't. I hate this. Delivery is in 12 days, then I will be down as long as it takes to heal from surgery. Hopefully not long! I just want to feel normal again. 

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

Oh yes bedrest would change things a lot! I like to do the yard and stuff since I can be alone which is rare:)

When is baby due? That is a long time to be on bedrest! I can't imagine.. Glad he is helping out and you are holding up okay!!?

Quoting syanmomie:

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

!

mandy18192
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Untill men can push a baby out of their penis they are NOT pregnant.
maiosameru
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

..actually my husband is suffering from worse mood swings and cravings than I am. Poor guy has put on a good 10 pounds in 'sympathy' weight. So yes..in this case..we are preggers. I am carrying the baby, he is just getting the side effects

RocknRoll.Rose
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I agree. It is a biological fact. Men cannot get pregnant. We're having a baby. I am pregnant. Men just can't stand to see a woman getting the attention so they have to make it a joint effort when all he really managed to do was get a sperm inside a woman's vagina. There is no real effort on his part. He isn't putting in the 9 months of work so he doesn't get to hog the attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:17 PM

I am so sorry but delviery is almost here! You will feel fine after baby. At least then you will be allowed to move around, even if its limited!!! Just don't over do yourself:) All the cleaning will wait, don't worry!! HA

Quoting syanmomie:

I am going nuts! I want to clean my house and I can't. I hate this. Delivery is in 12 days, then I will be down as long as it takes to heal from surgery. Hopefully not long! I just want to feel normal again. 

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

Quoting syanmomie:

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)