Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

explain to me the logic...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies
7 moms liked this
How do people come to the conclusion that someone who is "old enough to have sex is adult enough to face the consequences". When does a child making immature decisions magically make them older or more mature? Do you gain wisdom and perspective when a penis enters you? The reason teens do not have full adult rights is because they aren't adults. Their brains are not fully developed. If I posted my 16yo wanted to drop out or smoke crack and I said since they had sex they are adult enough to make those decisions ..people would attack me for being a moron. Why is there a double standard with pregnancy? I'm not only referring to abortion but people who say their child would have to give up everything and work to jobs. That they would not help them at all because of a mistake they made as a child. I can't imagine inflicting that level of punishment for other mistakes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM
*two
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Because the law makes that distinction in most places that upon pregnancy a child is the only one allowed to make the decisions.

ajdahd13
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:53 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I became an adult the moment I gave birth to DD at 16. My parents no longer treated me like a child, thankfully they helped me tremendously, but I made my own decisions.

I would never throw my kid out on the street if she were to get pregnant. I expect my daughter to grow up, and make adult decisions, and not be selfish, yes, but she is still a child. My child, that I swore I would take care of until she's at LEAST 18.
Dewinter
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I agree with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I don't believe in the quote. I am pro life. If your child has a child, you are responsible. If the person is out of high school I think they are typically old enough to be adults and on their own for the most part.
grimmgram
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:56 PM
You just kinda blew my mind
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I agree with you completely. 4 years ago, I took a 9 year old girl ( not my child) for a pregnancy test. Luckily she was not pregnant. I have seen pregnant 12 year olds and they are far from adults.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM

If your child has a child, you are not legally responsible for the grandchild.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't believe in the quote. I am pro life. If your child has a child, you are responsible. If the person is out of high school I think they are typically old enough to be adults and on their own for the most part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM
If your child is a child you are responsible for them. Where do you think the baby will go?

Quoting Anonymous:

If your child has a child, you are not legally responsible for the grandchild.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't believe in the quote. I am pro life. If your child has a child, you are responsible. If the person is out of high school I think they are typically old enough to be adults and on their own for the most part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, that is your belief. That's fine. I told my eldest daughter and now telling my youngest two that if they get pregnant as teens, I won't be helping. So far, I have a 21-year-old, 17-year-old, and 14-year-old with no babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)