Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When would you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Has anyone gotten married like maybe secretly eloped or got married out of the country and then came home and had a ceremony and reception for all your friends and family?

If you did which ceremony date do you celebrate as your wedding ceremony?

The reason I am asking is bc my DF and I are getting married this January. We already have the dress, ceremony place reception limo all that jazz ... We are also in the process of getting everything in order for my DF to adopt my boys. Our Laywer said it would be smarter if we got married sooner. Like had a low key secret courthouse type of thing in October just me and him and kept our orginal wedding plans for January.

No one but us would know that we got married in oct.
If we did this, when would we celebrate our wedding anniversary ... Technically it would be Oct but all of our friends and family would know it as jan ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM
We're not even positive if we are going to do the October wedding
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Bump
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM
We don't really celebrate either. We recognize both days.
We did a religious, private, ceremony with two witnesses in Feb. The "legal" wedding was in May.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alaskanmama0814
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM
My DH and I got married in Hawaii and then had two receptions. We had one before we got married in oregon with all of my family and then we had another in alaska after we for married with my DH family. We celebrate our anniversary on the date of our wedding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Bump
lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM
I would celebrate the day you married.. why wouldn't you want anyone to know you eloped? My sister did this. She celebrates the day of marriage. Nobody knew they eloped until they got home. Nobody was upset like she thought they would be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:23 AM
My family wouldn't care but DF thinks his family would. They all live out of state so he never sees them. It was big that we got most of them to come to the January wedding. He believes if they know we already got married in October they wouldn't bother coming to the wedding in January

Quoting lonelymoon: I would celebrate the day you married.. why wouldn't you want anyone to know you eloped? My sister did this. She celebrates the day of marriage. Nobody knew they eloped until they got home. Nobody was upset like she thought they would be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN