Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter is pregnant and so am I :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Hello! So, my 23 year old daughter is pregnant now....I am 44 and pregnant. It was obvioulsy a suprise baby but I am going to raise it and give this child the same love and support as I did for my three other children. I am worried because they are so close in age and this baby of mine will be pretty much the same age as her niece. :( I am wondering what I should do. If I should keep my bun in the oven once he/she is born, or if adoption is a better option. I am afraid of people's judgements and I know that I shouldn't be as shallow as to worry about people's  petty judgements but you know how that goes. I am not thinking about adoption because of what people will think about the situation, but because of how hard it may be to have a however many month old child of my own and also become a grandmother a few months after. I am extremely worried. I love my daugher very much and I don't want her to feel scared and worried, even though that's how I'm feeling. I am a single mother with 3 kids and one on the way. I don't know how I will deal with another child anyway but I need some advice on what to do with my child. I have no idea on how to go about this situation. Thanks for reading and please reply with any advice or comments. Thank you again.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girlywifey
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Would you be able to handle giving up your baby and seeing your daughter so happy with her baby?
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Honestly I am thinking adoption. But it's mostly all up to you. I can see why you are contemplating your options. But being your age( not being rude at all) it just will not be healthy stress wise on you not the baby. But I'm not against abortion either. If you do not want to terminate I say adoption.
ilovemymixedbby
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:10 AM
3 moms liked this
If you really want to keep your baby KEEP IT don't give it away because other people's satisfaction. I'm sure they well grow up closer then ever and you guys can be a great support system for each other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:14 AM
I have a friend from high school who is 11 years older than her uncle lol it's okay! Please don't worry about that... And the fact that you keep saying "my child" makes me think you're already attached, don't make a rush decision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Oh gosh, not nearly as bad as the title made me think! If you can afford another baby as a single mother, keep it. If not, absolutely adopt and focus on being a being a grandmother.
My father is among the youngest of 10, he and his closer in age siblings were close in age to and even younger than some nieces and nephews, their family is very happy, loving, and accepting. They thought it was fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:20 AM
3 moms liked this
I was the mom who posted a few days ago about being pregnant and so is my dd. She is 16 though. I will be both a new mom again and a grandma all with in a couple months of each other. And we will all be staying in the same house. We are bith keeping our babies. Regardless of other peoples feelings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Adoption is what I'm leaning towards but that decision is completely up to you. If you can afford the baby and are willing to give it the love and care it needs i would definitely keep it but if you don't feel you can do that then i would put it up for adoption.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM
I would keep my baby in this situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:22 AM
ELEVEN YEARS OLDER! That's hard to wrap my head around. I was a teen parent and if my teen had a baby today, I'd have to give birth at 44 to accomplish that!

Quoting TexasGirl90: I have a friend from high school who is 11 years older than her uncle lol it's okay! Please don't worry about that... And the fact that you keep saying "my child" makes me think you're already attached, don't make a rush decision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Worst fear ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)