Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He just made me cry *edit to answer PMs*

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM
  • 229 Replies
161 moms liked this
*First, I never expected this post to gain so many likes much less comments! I can't believe I witnessed everyone being caring and sweet! This was only supposed to be a little post...my boring life lol. Thank you to everyone and all the well-wishers! I would go through and "like" you all but there are just too many!

**I can't believe I actually received PMs over this! Lol...since many of the same questions were asked...

I met my first DH at 14 at a frat party...long story short, I grew up in a not-so-good "home". He saw this, and instead of being an ass, I was taken to meet his parents. Best people in my life. Without them I would have probably stayed a street kid. 4 years later they gave in to us wanting to date and we married quick. Love of my life =)

I met my current DH when I was 15. The second he walked in my work I took one look at the older (20) wild, crazy man and knew our friendship would be epic. Just had that draw to him.

They boys met and we're friends. Pretty good ones. Served overseas together for about 14months as well.

Through my marriage (8 years) best friend was the cool "uncle". No kids, rare real relationships, but was around for birthdays, holidays, ect. He KNEW our kids from the day they were born.

DH died Dec.5, 2011. Motorcycle crash. We had been trying for a 3rd baby. I found out that evening I was in fact pregnant.

Best friend (Derick) was with me through everything. Other than my wonderful inlaws, he was the only person that was there for me, that really knew me. Nothing happened, he was just a friend.

On Valentines of 2013 he asked me on a date. I swore it was a joke lol. Figured he watched me go through pregnant alone, bring a single mom to 3, over worked....it was a pity night out. I accepted anyway...ride up the coast was a least a fun few hours with a friend. Ended up being real. Fast and intense really. Exclusively dating immediately, and he proposed on Christmas. We married this March, on the 18th. Same day he walked into my work 14 years earlier =)

He is never jealous. He let's us still have our lost man. He tells the girls stories of their first father and how wonderful he was. This is just one of his millions of acts of kindness towards them...

Hope I answered everyone's questions! Boy this turned out waaayyyy too long!

Original post:
I rarely cry, but he is just so sweet and caring to my girls.

Tomorrow is Father's Day. Last night my 6yo was struggling emotionally over the fact they the last week of school they made cards for their daddy. She made two. One for daddy Derick and one for daddy in heaven. But how does daddy in heaven get his card? It was too late to "mail" it and have it be on time. My 10yo got upset and left the room, while younger sister started to cry. We comforted and they went to bed.

Fast forward to this morning, DH just got home with a rented helium tank and packs of balloons. He is sitting with the girls writing notes, putting them in balloons, and sending them "to daddy".

Ahhhh.....This is--one of the many--reasons why I love you.

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this
Awww, thats great! What a sweet and thoughtful idea :)
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
8 moms liked this
Yea...my eyes teared up. That's incredibly sweet and thoughtful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OvenInUse
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
This made me cry! What a sweet thing for him to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
:'(

Sounds like a good man.
ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM
That's so sweet.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM
That's so sweet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Awwww. What a thoughtful thing to do. Your LOs will always remember his loving gesture.
JennJenn85
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:56 AM

How sweet...tearing up just thinking about how sweet that is of him to do that for your girls :)

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Well dang that brought tears to my eyes. 

So sweet!

ms.renae
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have a great man
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)