Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got called a b**** for this? lol

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 95 Replies
A girl, used to be friend, got offered a free trip to Mexico. I don't know where in Mexico.
anyway, she has a baby that will be two at the end of October. She also still nurses. She posted in the little playgroup group on fb about needing advice.
I said "everyone parents differently and for me, I wouldn't go until she was older" she didn't like that so I proceeded to tell her she wasn't necessarily wrong for going but not even two is young in my opinion.
she called me a militant bitch and now I'm not allowed to even come to any playdates now lol, I'm removed from the group and yeah. So really its whatever.
would any of you leave your children to go to Mexico?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Sure I would,as long as it wasn't for an extended period of time. It isn't like the child is a newborn.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Every parent deserves a break & at 2, they are not that young. They are old enough to live and crave wanting to see grandparents and close family members etc.. that I'm sure the child is staying with. I wouldn't go long, but for a few days? Ya sure. Would I miss my kid? Absolutely. But would it harm the child or anyone? Definitely not. My DH and I left our kids for 2 nights once before.
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Wait.. Her baby will be two or two months?

Because a two year old is not a baby, it's a toddler, and I see no reason why she couldn't leave her child with her mom for a week while she took a little vacation.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't have left my first, because I was a neurotic first time mom.  Yes, I would have gone with my 2nd and left him with grandparents.  2 is hardly too young.  I don't think they banned you from the playgroup for this though.  I'd like to know what you REALLY said.  LOL.

MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. That's too young for me too. Potty trained, ability to shower, to communicate effectively, and knowing good touch/bad touch is my minimums, so 3.5-4 yr would be my personal minimum.
WaffleHead
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Like i said everyone makes different decisions. And I don't think she's wrong for going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Yes. I don't think she is doing anything wrong and I wouldn't have said anything other than have a fun and safe trip.
ba13ygrl1987
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I left my 13 month old breastfed baby and her 6 year old brother and went to cabo San Lucas with my husband for a week. Nursed her, handed her to grandma and boarded the plane. I don't think I'd call you a bitch based on your post, but I'm definitely with your former friend. She should take the opportunity.
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Yes, at 2 years old I would go.
AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't imagine just disassociating myself from someone because of such a minor disagreement.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN