Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Advice. Mom's with older kids....a question...EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I have 2 small children but I was looking for advice from some Mom's with older kids.

If you could go back and do it all over again, what would you do differently when you were raising them in order to make them better adults if you could?

Edit! OK, if you did a great job raising your kids, what do you think you did to make them the way they are?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I honestly dont think I would do anything different.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM
They are good kids. I wouldn't change a thing.....okay.....more chores. I do everything around here and now that I'm pregnant and need more help, it's hard to get them into helpin' out more.
dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:38 AM
I think I would try to encourage a bigger variety of foods. At 16 she is finally getting more adventurous and at least tries everything.
She's a great kid and I don't think I would do anything different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM
My oldest son is 21. He has his BA and a great job. He lives on his own and is doing extremely well. He is loving and caring and respectful.

I wouldn't change anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM

BUMP!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM

BUMP!

Texor
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Mine are 18, almost 16 and almost 13.

They are fine young adults.  And the are that way because I was there for them.  I know a lot of moms who go back to work full time once kids start school, but I found that pre-teens and teens need you even more than babies do.  Even if it's just knowing that you're there when they come home pissed and slam the door.  I gave up a lot in terms of my income potential and career, but it was 100% worth it.

barfydoogin
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM

The only thing I would do different is make them start cleaning up their toys when they were like two.   I used to tell them to clean up when they were done playing, but as a mom you know it is easier to just clean it up yourself than to argue with them.  Because I did not make them do it when they we're younger it is a constant struggle now that they are older

Jennkmom4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Not as many electronics especially in their rooms. As they get older it's hard to get them to want to spend family time with us. They will but it's not their first choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM

This is all great advice ! Thank you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)