Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would YOU react to your family calling CPS on you? *edited*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I am so done with forgiving and forgetting my shitty family. Long story short my brother was encouraging my teen to do  things behind my back. He came into my sons life after many years and excessivly started hanging out with him. My son began  having behaviour issues....dangerous ones. I grounded my son, and my brother proceeded to sneak money,phones and outings . He has no respect for me as a parent and is a 37 yr old kid. 

He questioned my DD on his grounding behind my back and apparently my family felt the need to discuss my parenting behind my back in front of my DD. They all think im being unreasonable. Without getting into too much detail my sons issues include lying,stealing and dangerous sexual situations. I have put him in therapy and have gotten his school and the city police involved.Im doing all I can to help him. My family thinks otherwise. They think im too hard on him and should let him do whatever he wants.Yes, I have posted about this before.

Anyways not too long ago my son ran away. Its obvious he went right to my brothers house.....which is about an hour away. I called my mom right away and her response was "a kid can only take so much punishment" Here I am worried about my son, and she takes the time to be a bitch. It was obvious she knew where he was. My brother ended up bringing him to the police station after  I got upset with my mom and brought the police to my brothers house. He was home but not answering. Shortly after we got home I got a phone call from the police to come pick him up from the station. I had 4 different stories of what happened and where exactly my son was. I still dont know the true story.

My son told me he got scared when my brother called CPS. And he knew that was when he should come home . I talked to my brother and asked him about it,. He admitted to calling. Of course he had nothing. They told him to take the runaway home . I am so fucking pissed. But people just expect me to just forgive and forget, Just give in. My aunt came into town. I take her out to eat and what happens? My brother shows up. Im so tired. None of this probably makes any sense. 

in a nutshell my family has no respect for me. The End

Edit: what makes it even more difficult is that my dad is innocent in all of this, He has a hard time understaing , he has some brain damage. Its like he is being punished. And i dont know how to go about getting them out of my lives but keeping my dad. My kids are 17 and 18 yrs old. They will be making their own decisions.But I also have a baby. And my DH doesnt want him around my crazy family as well. I dont blame him. Okay, now im rambling again. It seems easy just to say "fuck off, I dont want to see you anymore.Stay out of our lives" Its complicated and messy. UGH!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I would cut them out of your life for a LONG time.  What did your brother think would happen?  That he would get custody of your teen for the last couple years of his legal childhood and be able to have a live in buddy? 

If your brother continue to see your child behind your back, I would call the police on him.  He shouldn't be welcomed into your child's life.  It sounds like he might be contributing to the deliquency of a minor, if nothing else. 

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:50 AM
In your situation I'd cut them all off.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM

if it was my family? Id laugh.

WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM
I wouldn't have anything to do with them anymore. They sound crazy, people like that don't deserve to be included in your life.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Why the fuck do you even keep them around? I would cut, like seriously not even a glance to them.
Look what forgiving over and over again did for you?
Next time when cps decides to actually o through with it and you have a case, what happens?
Or when your brother ends up killing your son with his reckless behavior?
Don't put poison in your life... It didn't get you far.... Like at all.
Tranquil_Octopi
Yesterday at 1:59 PM
Dustin Thomas 'I Don't Know My Place' Live at Beat Kitchen 4.25.13

Dustin Thomas "I Don't Know My Place" Live at Beat Kitchen in Chicago, IL April 25, 2013 SUBSCRIBE or join me on these other networks for more! Facebook: htt...

by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM

My family knows better. However, in your situation you know to know when enough is enough. Cut them out. They are not worth it. 

BrutalTruth
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Fuck them. I would never speak to them again, or at least not for a LONG time. And seeing my kids? That's a laugh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM

my mom admitted that my brother was trying to convince her to let him live with her. My mom said no way. My brother wants a buddy but not the responsibility, IDK what he was thinkin. I think my son ran off and called him for help (well that is one of the stories) Who knows what the f they are thinking,  I do know one thing, they dont want to take him in

Hopefully having the police out at his house scared him enough

Quoting 3JuJu3:

I would cut them out of your life for a LONG time.  What did your brother think would happen?  That he would get custody of your teen for the last couple years of his legal childhood and be able to have a live in buddy? 

If your brother continue to see your child behind your back, I would call the police on him.  He shouldn't be welcomed into your child's life.  It sounds like he might be contributing to the deliquency of a minor, if nothing else. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM
My mother called them on me, said I was on drugs, prostituting, and beating my daughter. I invited the worker to my house as well as my lawyer. My daughter's 'bruises' were documented mongolian spots, she had since birth (18 months old at the time) I have cameras around my home and let them have the footage to see that I rarely leave my home, no one comes in but family and when I do leave, I return with groceries, voluntarily submitted a blood and urine test. Needless to say, they wasted their time. As far as my mother, she is a screwed up individual who needs help. I never contacted her. When she became homeless, she contacted DH and asked to move in. He allowed it. She left her 2 daughters, my sisters, here and never returned. We barely communicate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM
My dad has always told me that I owe nothing to anyone except my husband and my children, he's right they come first and if someone is being toxic and creating unsafe situations for them it's MY job to protect them and keep those people away from my family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)