Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MY KID MY CHOICE

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM
  • 17 Replies

Why do people brag about making intentionally unsafe choices for their child? "Its my RIGHT to put my child in additional danger for no reason!" Yeah, it is. The government has allowed you to endanger your child, woo hoo? You know better, but choice to do it anyway? Because you can?

I always assumed tthat mothers generally wanted what was best for their child....way to go humanity, proved me wrong again.

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheesyKitty
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Vague. We talking bf vs ff, rf vs ff, junk food vs organic? Which is your problem today?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Depends on what said danger is. My youngest is a wild child I let him be in danger everyday by simply allowing him to be a big kid. It's a full time job making sure he doesn't kill himself but sometimes I have to pee.
Heisenberg
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Immaturity.
corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM

What, like letting them eat McDonald's or letting them learn how to eat fire?

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Bragging about doing things you know are bad for your child, whatever they are. "I am doing the minimum required by the law and am PROUD of it." I have never understood that attitude, no matter what the subject. 

We get posts like that all the time. "I smoke weed with my kids", "I refuse to help with homework or go to the school", "I don't buy school supplies", "I won't use a carseat". I'm just waiting for the "I feed my kid only bread and water"

Quoting CheesyKitty: Vague. We talking bf vs ff, rf vs ff, junk food vs organic? Which is your problem today?

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Neither of those. Those are both reasonable. 

Quoting corticosteroid:

What, like letting them eat McDonald's or letting them learn how to eat fire?

corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Oh okay, I get it now.

I guess folks do that because they feel guilty deep down and need to blather out some sound and fury to make themselves feel better.

Quoting faire_jour:

Bragging about doing things you know are bad for your child, whatever they are. "I am doing the minimum required by the law and am PROUD of it." I have never understood that attitude, no matter what the subject. 

We get posts like that all the time. "I smoke weed with my kids", "I refuse to help with homework or go to the school", "I don't buy school supplies", "I won't use a carseat". I'm just waiting for the "I feed my kid only bread and water"

Quoting CheesyKitty: Vague. We talking bf vs ff, rf vs ff, junk food vs organic? Which is your problem today?

feralxat
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Quoting Anonymous:  sometimes I have to pee.

You're a horrible person!
Who does that? 
lol.  

CarSeatKellie
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I'm with you on this but it comes down to, once they know what is best it's up to them.
It's not your child they are putting in danger and that's the best you can do.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Dependa on what you view as dangerous.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)