Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ex is willing to

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
My daughters dad came and picked her up today. He asked again if I wanted him to keep dd while I'm in the hospital having my son. I responded by telling him again I'd made arrangements with my aunt when I first found out I was pregnant for her to keep dd.

He then asked "aren't you supposed to have him this month?" My response was yep, he asked if I was sure about him taking dd I said yes.

I explained to him I wasn't sure wether I wanted to have a vbac or csection and the risks with the vbac.

He told me if anything happend to me he'd raise my son. We haven't always gotten along but this made me thankful my daughter's dad is in her life for now.

I know sometimes I bitch and complain about him but my son's own father isn't willing to step up and be a real man about things. Yet here is my daughters dad willing to raise my lil guy who is no relation to him if something happens to me.

Keeping my kids together is what's important to me so I was shocked when he said he'd just have 2 kids from me(my son isn't his and I know most men wouldn't do this for an ex) to raise instead of just dd. His wife who he's been married to for 3 years is pregnant with their first child together.

I'm glad he found someone who makes him happy and thankfully someone has my back if anything goes wrong if I do decide to have a vbac.

I'd be having my son next week if I have a c-section.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Why will he assume something will happen to you? He seems like a great father.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:50 AM
ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I had a c-section with our 4 year old and my doctor is pushing me to have another which I don't want unless it's life or death.

I went to the doctor last week and the nurse came in with a piece of paper that lists the complications with a vbac.

My doctor came in and explained there is a chance the scar tissue could tear and we(both my son and me), could die or just one of us.

I have already made the decision that if anything like that happens the doctors are to save him because I've lived already and he hasn't.

I may tell my doctor just to give me a c-section since my family seems to be in agreement that they don 't want me risking my life or the baby's life giving birth.

I know there is a 1% chance but that chance could be the last chance I take.

Quoting Anonymous: Why will he assume something will happen to you? He seems like a great father.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I will keep you in my prayers.

Quoting Anonymous: I had a c-section with our 4 year old and my doctor is pushing me to have another which I don't want unless it's life or death.

I went to the doctor last week and the nurse came in with a piece of paper that lists the complications with a vbac.

My doctor came in and explained there is a chance the scar tissue could tear and we(both my son and me), could die or just one of us.

I have already made the decision that if anything like that happens the doctors are to save him because I've lived already and he hasn't.

I may tell my doctor just to give me a c-section since my family seems to be in agreement that they don 't want me risking my life or the baby's life giving birth.

Quoting Anonymous: Why will he assume something will happen to you? He seems like a great father.
BCauseImAwesome
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Go for the VBAC. The chances of either of you dying are less than half a percent.  And thats really nice of your ex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous: I will keep you in my prayers.

Quoting Anonymous: I had a c-section with our 4 year old and my doctor is pushing me to have another which I don't want unless it's life or death.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:17 PM
I safely had a VBA2C with my third child. I am shooting for a 2VBA2C this time around.

My ex and I have talked about having him take my younger DD and the baby I'm currently pregnant with if something happens to me. Her bio father is willing to sign custody over to whoever I feel would be the best situation for her.

It is a risk. But IMO it is worth taking, just listen to your body. Good luck mama.
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm confused.  Why wouldn't the dad watch his daughter while you give birth/recover?  Seems like he would take priority over your aunt.  Why wouldn't your unborn baby's father take the baby if something happened to you??

BMM0508
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Thats awesome of him. My kids dad would never do that. Youre very blessed. Good luck in delivery. :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Well I don't like how morbid he's being, but I love that he's being so sweet & caring.  Why won't you let him keep dd? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)