Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

AWKWARD SITUATION at work!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 255 Replies

I had a temp job 4  years ago.  The boss who hired me seemed to like me at first, but then other employees didn't do their jobs and blamed it on me. The supervisor made me the scapegoat. Apparently, the boss believed them because when another position became available he won't hire me, and I went back on unemployment and moved on.

Time passed, and I got a job with a boss I love!  Unfortunately the boss I love is leaving and the the boss from the temp job is replacing him!  He had been the boss here in the past and my co-workers love him!THEY TALK ABOUT HIM LIKE HE'S THE SECOND COMING! I never told anyone here I know him, because it was a negative experience.  What do I say to them?  I DON't WANT MY COWORKERS TO THINK I LIED OR WAS DISHONEST!  I get along with them, but some of them can be bitchy gossips, and I don't want them to turn on me! Should I say I worked under a lot of bosses and didn't remember him, and stick to it ?  Or tell the truth?

Do you think this guy will remember me?  How would you handle seeing him again?  Do you think he"ll badmouth me to the senior staff here?  Do you think they'll grill him about me, if they hear I worked for him before?  This is a small company, and I know some of them have already contacted him, and complained about our current boss!

He's returning in August, and I've been losing sleep over this!  Please advise! I need others' perspectives on this. There aren't many jobs in my field, and I really need this job!

Any advice appreciated.  I feel like worlds are colliding! :(

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM

BUMP!

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Just see how it goes. Don't gossip to the other employees. If it comes to it have a sit down with the new boss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM

What would you say to him?

Quoting Johariz: Just see how it goes. Don't gossip to the other employees. If it comes to it have a sit down with the new boss.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Have a talk with the new boss. Be honest but tactful....something like, "I know we've had a differences in the past and I'm hoping that it's all behind us. Blah, blah, blah"
Idntreallycare
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM

saw almost the same post a month or two ago.... weird. 

If he remembers you, then show him how wrong he was last time, but I kind of think this post is BS

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM
I also thought it sounded familiar!

Quoting Idntreallycare:

saw almost the same post a month or two ago.... weird. 

If he remembers you, then show him how wrong he was last time, but I kind of think this post is BS

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you need to let it go.  Stop thinking about it, and certainly don't say anything to anyone.  There is no reason for you to bring it up-and def. not with your coworkers.  From his perspective, he probably had no choice before-my dh has had to discontinue temp workers for no reason sometimes-it's just business.  So, let it go.  If he says something to you, downplay it or reply with only the necessary words.  Smile and move on.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM

What do I say when my coworkers question me about knowing him and not telling them?  They can be pretty bitchy!

Quoting almondpigeon: Have a talk with the new boss. Be honest but tactful....something like, "I know we've had a differences in the past and I'm hoping that it's all behind us. Blah, blah, blah"

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM

you posted this months ago, were you not happy with the responses from your original post?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)