Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think this would work?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 37 Replies
We live in town houses, or row houses as some may call them. The back patios are partitioned off by twos, so my neighbor and I share a patio. I love her, I really do bit she always has a bunch of toddlers running around and they climb all over our patio furniture, touch the grill which can be dangerous if it were on and even press their faces up against my door and peer into my house.

So I was thinking of getting a bunch of the long and heavy planters and planting some pretty plants and using it as a sort of fence.

Which plants grow nice and tall with a lot of sunlight, and do you think that would work?
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Why not see about affixing a lattice right down the middle and planting some sort of climbing vine or flower?

mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Bump!
Texor
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Exactly my thought.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Why not see about affixing a lattice right down the middle and planting some sort of climbing vine or flower?

mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM
I'd have to get the permission from management, but that sounds like a good idea....the patio is concrete, how would that work? Would I pot them next to the lattice?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Opal614
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Mobile Photo

Plant morning glories and put a piece of trellis in each pot.
mary716
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
It is a really good idea, I'd just have to get permission from management and they can be assholes

Quoting Texor:

Exactly my thought.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

CarSeatKellie
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Yeah you need something that will be green year round. That's a good idea!!
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I agree with the trellis if possible because it won't take up as much space.

Heisenberg
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Long planter box with a lattice in it. Plant anything that climbs.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Yes, you'd pot them next to the lattice. Sometimes you can buy lattice that's meant to be stuck into larger pots...You'd need like 2-3 but it'd be very pretty for both of you to enjoy :)

Quoting mary716: I'd have to get the permission from management, but that sounds like a good idea....the patio is concrete, how would that work? Would I pot them next to the lattice?
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)