Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about croup. UPDATE 2 !!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM
  • 23 Replies

He is doing well. We may be able to go home tomorrow if he continues to do well. The pneumonia was caught very early and he has not gotten more fluid its went down a little .The Dr just came and told us he will be able to go home possibly tomorrow on steroids, and some breathing meds and antibiotics . My son begged us to take him home today because he was worried about fathers day poor sweet guy :( We assured him father's day can wait. Im really happy I listened to my instinct and didn't wait. Thanks for reading

Okay so the dr listened to him for all of 5 seconds. We are on our way to Children's hospital :( He is almost 100% certain its pneumonia again . Damn I really don't wanna see my baby suffer again. This is the 4th time in a year. update again later. Thanks for the replies.

Okay please don't laugh or be mean. My ds is 9 . He was up all night last night with a cough from hell. It sounds like a croup cough I swear. But I thought croup was something only babies get. And that it was a winter thing. The Dr office has his appointment in a couple hrs but I was wondering if any of you know is croup possible in summer in a non baby? I feel like I should know but my brain is fuzzy from being up with him. DH tried to let me sleep but my boy only wanted mom like every time he's sick.
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Google "Croup in older children" for faster and more reliable answers, imo.

CarSeatKellie
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Haha. Yeah, let me google that for you

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Your taking him in for a cough? Unless he is stuggling to breathe, why?

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM
He's had chronic respiratory infections since birth many leading to hospital stays. The ped heard his cough last night and said possibly croup or broncittus . He can be normal sick one day with a cough and in Riley Children's Hospital the next so yes I am.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your taking him in for a cough? Unless he is stuggling to breathe, why?

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
.I did Google and it wasn't as helpful as real mom experiences. Google is nice but real world experience or stories from other moms.

Quoting CarSeatKellie: Haha. Yeah, let me google that for you

Quoting OwlNuggets:

CarSeatKellie
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Go with your gut!
fairymom82
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Yeah I am which is why we see his ped in an hr. Its just so unusual . I've never heard of older kids getting croup in summer.

Quoting CarSeatKellie: Go with your gut!
CarSeatKellie
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM
I hope it's nothing serious.

Quoting fairymom82: Yeah I am which is why we see his ped in an hr. Its just so unusual . I've never heard of older kids getting croup in summer.

Quoting CarSeatKellie: Go with your gut!
Torihoney5njn
by Kristy on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM
My 6 year old still gets it. 2x to the ER because his airway got too swollen after he aspirated some water. Both times steroids and a breathing treatment. The last time he managed to croak out help I'm dying.. :(

If your son's airways are too small or narrow I would think it's still possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM
If he's had it before I guess it's possible. My son had it this winter and he's almost 8. He also had upper respiratory issues since he was younger.

Could it be bronchitis? Asthma? Allergies?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)