Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you react in this scenario.

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
  • 22 Replies

I divert your eyes to yesterday's tirade about my annoying, bigoted, holier-than thou Godmother. 

Click here before reading and forming an opinion because I really don't want to spend time explaining why I dislike this person so much. 

Now that you have seen what I'm dealing with. Imagine, if you will, that person at your house at 10:30am, ringing your doorbell repeatedly and yelling YOOHOO -Your name- I KNOW YA'LL ARE IN THERE!!. When you open your door she asks you why you haven't been answering her calls. You tell her that you've been busy and away from your phone -complete bullshit btw-.  She then asks to come in. You say no. She says she has to pee...you say no. She finally is able to guilt you into letting her in because you know she has a history of "accidents". 

Once in your house she completely bypasses the bathroom and makes a beeline for the stairs.  You tell her that the bathroom is right there and that she doesn't need to go upstairs. She get's rude with you and tells you to shut up while going up the stairs. 

Here's what I did: I told her if she really had to pee she'd use the bathroom provided for her. I told her that there is no reason for her to be going upstairs and disturbing everyone else. This then made her get an attitude in which she complained that people shouldn't be sleeping at 10 anyway (they weren't, and even if they were, her excessive ringing would have woke them up anyway). She then goes on a tirade about how *I'm* rude for not even opening up a bathroom for someone who "practically raised me" and went on and on about how her "cousins in VA" are better and how her "daughter" is better and all of this junk....So I went up the stairs, grabbed her by the hand, walked her down the stairs (while she was fighting like a toddler and still complaining) led her out the door, and shut the door in her face.  She stood out on my porch screaming and knocking, and calling me on my cell, saying she isn't my godmother anymore and blah blah blah for 15 minutes before finally going home. 

So what say you? Did I handle that right or not?  What would you have done? 

I'm kind of wishing I just let her pee on herself in the 1st place. 

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Oh and before I get accused of assaulting her or some dumb crap like that. I didn't drag the old bitty down the stairs by her head. I led her down 6 steps by her hand. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I would have asked her to leave, firmly yet politely, and informed her that I would call the police for trespassing and disturbing the peace if she didn't take her crazy pissy-pants ass somewhere else.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I don't know what was funny about this reply but I laughed. 

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I would have asked her to leave, firmly yet politely, and informed her that I would call the police for trespassing and disturbing the peace if she didn't take her crazy pissy-pants ass somewhere else.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM

hahaha <3

but no, seriously, I wouldn't entertain her crazy antics for a second longer. The next time she shows up, just ask her to leave unless she'd like the friendly neighborhood Po-Po to show up and her name show up in the newspaper Blotter for all the world to see.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:22 PM
She's lucky you opened in the first place.
Littlebunnyfufu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have let her in but since you did, I think you did a good job of standing up for yourself and dealing with the situation.

You are not required to accept people who walk all over you or are down right mean to you and yours.

Glad to see that you are strong enough and still gentle enough to navigate a situation like this.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:24 PM

LMAO. Headline "CRAZY WOMAN BITES COPS AFTER PUBLIC DISTURBANCE CALL" because she's the type of person to do it. This is the same woman who bit a chunk out of my cousin's Maltese for biting her.  I don't know why her family hasn't had her commited.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

hahaha <3

but no, seriously, I wouldn't entertain her crazy antics for a second longer. The next time she shows up, just ask her to leave unless she'd like the friendly neighborhood Po-Po to show up and her name show up in the newspaper Blotter for all the world to see.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM

I know. Sometimes my empathy kicks in at the WRONG TIME. And I always end up regretting it. 

Quoting MaryJarrett: She's lucky you opened in the first place.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM

HOLY CRAP. :O

yeahhh, don't ever let this lady in your house again. I could see her sprinting up the stairs and going all dead-body on the top landing so nobody can move her and make her leave xD

Quoting AliKatAK47:

LMAO. Headline "CRAZY WOMAN BITES COPS AFTER PUBLIC DISTURBANCE CALL" because she's the type of person to do it. This is the same woman who bit a chunk out of my cousin's Maltese for biting her.  I don't know why her family hasn't had her commited.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Thanks. 

Quoting Littlebunnyfufu: I wouldn't have let her in but since you did, I think you did a good job of standing up for yourself and dealing with the situation. You are not required to accept people who walk all over you or are down right mean to you and yours. Glad to see that you are strong enough and still gentle enough to navigate a situation like this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN