Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS just brought out a mug and card he made for his dad :(

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:22 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's so sad.  I read the card, it's handmade and says "I miss you." and has a picture of a crying face ds drew.

The mug is decorated with ds's drawings and has a ribbon tied around the handle.

It's so sad.  Ds cried as he showed it to me and told me "I made this.  Ramone (classmate) made a mug and card for his mom but I didn't want to, I wanted to make this for daddy even if he not allowed to have it."

Goddamit  wish my ex DH could just pull his shit together!  I hate this.  I fucking HATE this.  Why does ds have to go through this pain? I wish I could force the dumb asshole to just be right.  Take the medications the psych. gives you. Piss in the damn cup the social worker hands you.  Act normal for a whole damn hour for your kid.  You can go back to be a douche after that, but for ONE HOUR a month, can't you get your shit together for the kid who loves you and doesn't even care that you are a douche?!

I told Z I would ask the social worker to pass them along to exdh, and he was happy.  Ectatic actually.

How shitty is it when your kid gets excited that a social worker will pass a gift along?  That the closest my kid gets to having a relationship with his dad is putting a gift in a social workers hands to be passed along a few weeks later.

I'm just venting because it's shitty and there isn't anything I can do to fix this or prevent this pain.  And I so want to fix it and protect ds from this pain.  Bash away.

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM
That is so sad. But also a testimony to what a sweet and caring child you have. :(
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:24 PM
:-(
I'm so sorry for your boy.
ramita
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I feel your pain my SS has gone through that with his mom, except there was no social worker.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Thats very sad :( does he have a grandpa? If so id make a big father's day thing for him
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM

What kind of programs are available to your son like Boys and Girls Club?

He may benefit from a Big Brother or a male Mentor in his life.

catcameback
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I never thought of it that way, he is really caring though, thanks.

Quoting ttriddick: That is so sad. But also a testimony to what a sweet and caring child you have. :(

catcameback
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:28 PM

No grandpa, last year he made a present for his uncle, which was sweet.  This year he just wanted to make a gift for his dad I guess.

Quoting svolkov: Thats very sad :( does he have a grandpa? If so id make a big father's day thing for him

catcameback
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I did aply for the big brother thing, but they said because he is autistic they couldn't accept him into their program.  He is close with his uncle though, so he does have a male role model.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

What kind of programs are available to your son like Boys and Girls Club?

He may benefit from a Big Brother or a male Mentor in his life.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Maybe make something to take to a retirement home?

Quoting catcameback:

No grandpa, last year he made a present for his uncle, which was sweet.  This year he just wanted to make a gift for his dad I guess.

Quoting svolkov: Thats very sad :( does he have a grandpa? If so id make a big father's day thing for him

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN