Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need a schedule.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I am not a very organized person. Im a sahm to a toddler and never find the time to do anything besides watch her, clean, cook. At the end of the day im so exhausted that i go to sleep at the same time as my little one. We wake up at the same time super early so its like theres never any break or me time. Im doing online schooling and never find the time to do tem. My options were to do them when shes in bed but im just so tired that i pass out at the same time as she does at night. During the day is impossible she demands way too much attention to even concentrate for two minutes. I have nobody to babysitt her during the day so im on my own on this. Dh works long hours and is never here to help so i just really need a schedule or something or else ill never get this class done. My laptop is super slow as well so i think that isnt encouraging me either. I need advice!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Morning - get up, breakfast, story time (1 story), get dressed (optional) , independant play

Afternooon  Lunch, nap (for her, not you), classwork while she naps or housework, tv time to watch together

Evening Clean up any toys, prepare dinner, independant play before bath time, bath time, story, bed

I would really look for a mothers helper to at least entertain the child while you do classwork.  If your lap top works outside, go outside so the child can run around and use their budding imagination.

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM
I have similar problems. What works for me is doing small chunks throughout the day. I used to (and honestly still do) get frustrated by not being able to complete anything all at once, but I have learned (am learning) to just do what I can, when I can. Take 10 minutes here and there to sneak away and do half of the dishes or throw some laundry in, or wash sinks... Also, TV is my friend when I need to get something done. There's nothing wrong with a show or two while you do something important. :)
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I'm trying to get used to our summer schedule, it's hard to get into a new rhythm. I have a dry erase board on the fridge and I have it written out. 10am- this. 11am- this. Etc...

Getting started is the hard part, once you get into the swing of it, it'll be easy to stick to.
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Also, you have to stay up in the evening to do your schoolwork. I just graduated nursing school, so I know how hard it is.

I would sometimes not get started until 10pm or later and have 4-5 hours of homework due at 6:30am the next day (clinical paperwork). It sucked, but I did it.

Otherwise, Sesame Street! :)
LDavis33
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Before you were a mom, were you a morning person or a night owl?  I would suggest you go with your natural body cues when it comes to studying.  Have you tried getting up earlier than her?  Or putting her to bed a little earlier (with my DD 1 1/2 it seems that the later she stays up the earlier she wakes)?  

If she naps, perhaps you could study while she is napping.  Or if there is something that she really enjoys doing (even if it is watching a little bit of T.V.) you might want to try getting her doing that before you sit down to do your own thing.  Keep a few "special" activities just for the times when you need her to entertain herself.

Other than that, the only other suggestion I have is, now that it is summer, perhaps you could hire a local teenager to be a mothers helper?  They wouldn't charge as much as a day care and would just come to your home and keep her busy while you do your work.

I'm a SAHM and I used to try to keep to a schedule, but 4 year and 2 kids later, I have all but given up.  I just go with the flow, get done what I can and accept that my house will never be spotless and my to do list will never be complete, at least not until they are in college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Get up before her-dressed and all.
Start with daily chores and a cup of coffee until she wakes up.
Get her up dressed and feed her breakfast.
Go outside and play for 30 min.
Run errands and find something for her to do (story time at the library, play at the pool, mommy group, park, museum, etc.)
Come home and both of you eat lunch.
Lay her down for a nap.
Finish chores, start any part of dinner you can ahead of time and do your class.
If time sit and realax.
When she gets up have snack and story time.
Play outside 30min.
Come inside do puzzles, imaginary play, PlayDoh, inside stuff until dh cones home.
Relax with him until dinner.
Make dinner. Involve dd if you want. If you need some peace, have dh take her.
Eat dinner.
Play outside.
Give dd a bath.
Put her to bed.
Enjoy time with dh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

How old is she? Does she nap?

coala
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:39 AM

My suggestion is to work on anything for 15 minutes.

Teach your DD that when the timer goes off then you can do something with her for 15 mins.  She should be at an age where you can start encouraging independent play so that you can accomplish other tasks.  You can even get her engaged in helping to fold towels, socks, clean the bathroom (I mean give her a clean cloth and show her how to dust the counter tops and back of the toilet), let her help put dishes away that are low and unbreakable.  You have to figure out a way to get stuff done.  Having a toddler is just no excuse.  I suggest another thing.....turn off the tv and leave it off during the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)