Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you know it was twins??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I'm wondering if you could tell you were having twins early on in your pregnancy and what my chances are?

We weren't TTC yet but I had increased sex drive that cycle, am breast feeding (was 10 mo pp), took plan b and still got pregnant, and this would be pregnancy #5 (two miscarriages). I'm taller than average but under 35 and not overweight which I know can increase chances. 

The reason I ask is because of crazy bloating that I didn't experience with my other kids and have had more cramping this time around which I know can be normal pg symptoms but I'm just optimistic and have a feeling haha 

So share your twin symptoms and contributing factors :) 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM
No I had no clue. I didn't even behind the doctor at first. They had to prove it to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I also have cousins on my moms side of the family that are twins, and DH has twins in his grandparents family but I'm not sure that counts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM

How far along we're you when you found out?

Quoting firespurity: No I had no clue. I didn't even behind the doctor at first. They had to prove it to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
It doesn't matter if you have twenty kids, not all pregnancies are the same or make you feel identical to your other ones.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
14 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous:

How far along we're you when you found out?

Quoting firespurity: No I had no clue. I didn't even behind the doctor at first. They had to prove it to me.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Nope. I had no symptoms of twins in the first few months. Total shock.

I also have no twins in my family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I didn't know I was having twins til I had my Ultrasound.. but I did notice I was sick alot more then my other pregnancies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I understand that and have had different pregnancies each time, this is just beyond the standard deviation of normal for me, so I'm curious as to others experiences and unrealistically hopeful :) 

Quoting Anonymous: It doesn't matter if you have twenty kids, not all pregnancies are the same or make you feel identical to your other ones.

Reading.Rainbow
by LeVar on Jun. 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I knew at about 8 weeks because of an ultrasound
mommy040710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM
I was more bloated and found out at my 8 week ultrasound we were not trying to conceive and I just came off bc to switch and I couldn't switch cause my period never came
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN