Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf is wrong with this dog?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
I have this dog who has nothing physically wrong with him according to two vets. And I'm about to get rid of him. He was about to be put down and so we adopted him and now he freaking drives me crazy. Every day he shits in the house. Whether he's let out every hour or half hour. He shits in the house. Then, he freaking EATS IT. He eats it when he shits outside too, but it's immediate inside. THEN, he pukes it up all over the house! So every freaking day, I'm cleaning up shit-barf. I'm seriously done. I can't do it anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Bump
wymama610
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Uh......... Wow.

Yeah, I couldn't handle shit-barf.
redneck.crazy
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM
:-\ sorry but I couldn't do it either.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I seriously gag every time. Sometimes I have to puke before I can finish cleaning it

Quoting wymama610: Uh......... Wow.

Yeah, I couldn't handle shit-barf.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:40 AM
6 moms liked this
One, change foods to a high quality one like Blue. Two, there is a powder that you can get at places like Petco that you sprinkle on thier food so the poop is no longer tasty. Usually poo eating is a sign of not properly digesting food and poor quality nutrition .
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Like, I'm glad he's alive but I don't even like him anymore. I'm thinking of putting him up on craigslist

Quoting redneck.crazy: :-\ sorry but I couldn't do it either.

Good luck.
tinkerspell
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:43 AM
The poop eating is the dog trying to replace a nutrient getting the dog some vitamins they have one that have in the description to stop eating poop have you also tried the spray attraction stuff spray where you want him to go and go from there behavior classes maybe how old is the dog do you know any history of how he was treated he might also be eating it because the past owners punished him for pooping and he is trying to get rid of it so he don't puss you off at all good luck
wymama610
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:43 AM
A quick google search suggested adding MSG to the dogs food to discourage it........ Maybe that would help? I just couldn't. Blech.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:43 AM
He already gets blue buffalo food, and he had been checked by 2 vets (blood work, fecal float, urinalysis and physical). Literally nothing is wrong with him. I'm thinking it might be some anxiety issue that I just have no patience for.

Quoting Anonymous: One, change foods to a high quality one like Blue. Two, there is a powder that you can get at places like Petco that you sprinkle on thier food so the poop is no longer tasty. Usually poo eating is a sign of not properly digesting food and poor quality nutrition .
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I'm thinking it's anxiety. I just don't have any patience for it anymore. Months of this nonsense

Quoting tinkerspell: The poop eating is the dog trying to replace a nutrient getting the dog some vitamins they have one that have in the description to stop eating poop have you also tried the spray attraction stuff spray where you want him to go and go from there behavior classes maybe how old is the dog do you know any history of how he was treated he might also be eating it because the past owners punished him for pooping and he is trying to get rid of it so he don't puss you off at all good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)