Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You were my hero, man...And then you did this.

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:38 AM
  • 47 Replies

I am up waayyy too late. Watching this "Doggie Nightmares" show by Cesar Milan.  There is this family with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. They were looking to adopt a dog.  They picked this small little Chihuahua looking mixed dog. And they had 2 weeks to decide if they want to keep it. Cesar puts cameras all over the house to monitor them. 

Well they take the dog home and the 4 year old wants to play with him in the backyard. The dad says wait, so the 4 year old SNEAKS outside. He then procedes to pick up and THROW the dog, repeatedly. So the dog bites him. What does the little brat do? He kicks the dog. He doesn't just kick the dog once, he CHASES the dog down and kicks it repeatedly. At this point I'm rooting for the dog to take a toe off of this brat. 

Cesar watches the video of this happening and STILL allows these people to keep the dog. WTH? I just can't. C'mon Cesar, you know better than that.  Stop doing stupid shit for the camera, man

As a rescuer I'm just baffled that he would even consider a family with a 4 and 1 year old to begin with. And to allow them to keep the dog in an area where it's obviously unsafe is just....grr. 

I'm going to sleep so I'll bump this tomorrow for people to read. 

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catcameback
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Wow.  I would not have placed them there.  I've never been a fan of cesar though.

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always thought he was a complete and utter tool. What a fake ass greedy mother fucker. I feel bad for that poor little dog. :(
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Yeah no, that's not acceptable.
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Oh my gosh :( poor little puppy! I can't belive he let them keep it after that!
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:31 AM
What a little asshole!!! And Ceasar is a big asshole for not taking the dog away. Ugh!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:40 AM

He should not have allowed them to keep the dog. 

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I am up waayyy too late. Watching this "Doggie Nightmares" show by Cesar Milan.  There is this family with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. They were looking to adopt a dog.  They picked this small little Chihuahua looking mixed dog. And they had 2 weeks to decide if they want to keep it. Cesar puts cameras all over the house to monitor them. 

Well they take the dog home and the 4 year old wants to play with him in the backyard. The dad says wait, so the 4 year old SNEAKS outside. He then procedes to pick up and THROW the dog, repeatedly. So the dog bites him. What does the little brat do? He kicks the dog. He doesn't just kick the dog once, he CHASES the dog down and kicks it repeatedly. At this point I'm rooting for the dog to take a toe off of this brat. 

Cesar watches the video of this happening and STILL allows these people to keep the dog. WTH? I just can't. C'mon Cesar, you know better than that.  Stop doing stupid shit for the camera, man

As a rescuer I'm just baffled that he would even consider a family with a 4 and 1 year old to begin with. And to allow them to keep the dog in an area where it's obviously unsafe is just....grr. 

I'm going to sleep so I'll bump this tomorrow for people to read. 

hismommy2010
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Sorry in advance. I should be asleep. But is someone pinching ur butt n ur avi ? U have that off gaurd ooo look ;)

Quoting catcameback:

Wow.  I would not have placed them there.  I've never been a fan of cesar though.

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:44 AM
2 moms liked this
He doesn't have the authority to take the dog and the reality is they would just go get another one. It's better to train the parents to disapline their kid.

Plus what the hell does having a 1 and 4 year old do with having a dog?

I currently have three and have had dogs all my life. I have had them since all my kids were little. Rescued dogs can do well in houses with little kids. It all comes down to being a good owner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuchAKillJoy
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:47 AM
That poor doggy :( But the truth is they would have just gotten another one. That doesn't make what they let go on right in any way, but its the truth. He doesn't really have any authority to take the dog either when you think about it.
iamanon
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:51 AM

I watched that same episode yesterday and had the exact same reaction.  No way should those people been allowed to keep that little dog.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN