Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont approve of my sister's relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
My sister is 22 and dating a 16 year old boy. It is legal in my state. He was kicked out of school, He has no parental guidance, and if he can get someone to go to the store for him he will smoke weed and ciggerates all day. I just dont understand the attraction. She's very smart, graduated high school with honors, she's been on the deans list a few times, had a great administrative assistant job before they did cuts. She also smokes weed all the time. She has since high school. It is something that bothers me but I try to ignore.

The boy has nothing going for himself. He doesnt even want to go back to school. I dont know what the hell she sees in him. For a while I thought he was 17 turning 18, it was a few days ago that I found out he was only 16. That is just disgusting. If he was turning 18 my feelings towards this would be different.

I never talk to my sister about how I felt. She will argue with you if you are against something she does. There has always been an argument every time we try to discuss something. Me and my sister never really got along. Its disgusting that she thinks being with a 16 year old is ok. In my eyes he is a child. His immaturity level shows that. Even his parents said she's too old for him and I am on their side.

My sister really needs to think this through. I dont want her to end up pregnant by him. Id probably distant myself from her if that happens.

I had to vent. I couldnt hold this in much longer.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I would smack sister square in the face if she pulled some shit like this.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Gross.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh dear.  I was ready to come in here to tell you it's none of your business etc.....but yeah I can see your point.  Let her make her own "mistakes" and hopefully she will get tired of him soon and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Thats how I feel when I see them together.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I would smack sister square in the face if she pulled some shit like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Hes a bad boy while she's been a good girl.
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Its legal, nothing you can do. It probably wont last, so dont stress about it. Just tell her to be safe and let it go. If you keep pointing out that you dont like him, chances are she will find him more attractive. Just back off and let her make her own mistakes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:14 AM
I would tell it like it is. I don't approve of my sil's relationship and I told her I can't support you if you're going to let yourself be beaten and berated and do nothing but whine.
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Wow. I'd ask her why the hell she thinks the best she can do is some kid with no future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

shes an adult. its not your place on whether you approve or not.

mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Thats legal? Ewwwwww......
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN