Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate Father's Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
Honestly I hate the whole concept. I do not want to have a whole day revolving around DH. Gah I hate it. Letting him sleep in and making him breakfast? Fuck that. I hate it. Helping the kids make him something and spending money on a gift? Hate that too. Ya I do it. Cuz my kids want to. But I do it for them, NOT for him. Nor do I tell him happy Father's Day or go out of MY way for him. I tell dd how to make what she wants. And damn i start feeling so grumpy having to do all sorts of nice shit for him.

Hate Hallmark holidays.

Adding my post here:
For the record I hate Mother's Day too. I hate Hallmark holidays period. I hate the idea that we're supposed to lavish all this attention on someone all day just because a company wanted to sell more cards. And now it's expected to spend money and time on this "holiday".

Yes he does stuff for me on Mother's Day, same as I do for him. Mostly for the kids sake. How he feels about it I don't know. I've never asked. But neither do I let on to him how much I dislike the Father's Day stuff.

My kids made daddy a grilling apron and a sharpie mug plus little hand print cards. We made him crepes for breakfast and will be taking it all to the bed to wake him up. Later he's going hiking with them (his choice) while I clean the house.

So I'm not a bitch about it outwardly, I just don't like it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM
4 moms liked this
I hope he treats you the same for Mother's Day.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this
You're a real peach, hope he returns the favor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Don't do them then. We don't. And the world keeps spinning!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Unless he is a crappy father, you sound like a bitch.

CarlaMarie1978
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Well it's your fault if you picked an asshole to marry who does nothing for you on Mothers Day.
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Wow. You're just lovely.
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
5 moms liked this
Awe one whole day that doesn't revolve around you, snowflake? Poor baby.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Is he this resentful over Mother's Day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:22 AM

i hate fathers day because my dad died when i was 3.after that,we went to my grandparents for fathers day..then,when i was 17,my grandfather was murdered.that ended fathers day being tolerable..

Memere60
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM

You sound like you hate your husband. I'm guessing he doesn't do anything special for you on Mother's Day. Is that why you hate doing anything special for him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)