Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NO! Your delinquent CAN'T DATE MY DAUGHTER! *edited*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
2 moms liked this

So my dd just turned 16 a couple weeks ago. The people next door have a boy that turns 18 in a few months. Lately they've gotten kinda flirty and it's making me mad. I've warned my dd that he's trouble but she won't listen.

He smokes both cigarettes and weed and his parents provide them. He drinks. He attends a local school for kids that are too violent or can't hack it in regular HS and I've heard his parents talking that he might not even graduate from THAT school. His parents are quite proud to be considered trash and his dad actually has "WHITE TRASH" tattooed down the backs of his calves -_-

NO! I damned well DON'T want this boy sniffing around my straight A daughter. I see nothing but trouble and don't know how to prevent it!

ETA- They aren't dating YET. They are just at the flirty stage but DD has mentioned she really likes him. We're pretty open and willing to listen and talk. I've told her my concerns but she says I'm over reacting. I'm not forbidding anything. I remember being 16 and doing everything my parents told me not to do. DD asked to go on BC for her 16th birthday and I agreed. She says she's not active but isn't saying it won't happen eventually. If it gets to dating I guess I'll allow it but I just REALLY don't want my girl getting mixed up with this boy. I'll give him a chance, he's been respectful towards me on the few interactions we've had. I'm a single mom and don't want her doing the same things wrong that I did. I hope she's learned from my mistake in the past :(

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM
8 moms liked this
Don't push her into his waiting arms, don't down talk him too much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll only make it worse if you forbid her to date him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I know. And I'm trying to avoid that but I know how young girls are when it comes to "bad boys" :(

Quoting Anonymous: You'll only make it worse if you forbid her to date him.

Patti-Gee
New job starts 1/5/15...
Today at 5:18 PM
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM

We will follow the bad boys to hell, especially when everyone dislikes him.  Some wake up, some never will.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM
5 moms liked this
Open your house to him and watch them. It's the keep your friends close and your enemies closer approach.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

10 bucks says she does those things WITH him. 

LOL

Becksiebear21
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM
You have to let her find out how bad he is for herself.
Otherwise if you tell her he's bad she won't listen and will get closer and closer to him.
Oh and I suggest putting her on birth control just in case.
I know you'd rather her not sleep with him but it's probably going to happen and I doubt you want her having his babies!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:18 PM

You will push her toward him.  When you say that you do not want her to see him she will only be more intrigued by him.  Put it this way, I dated a guy for 3.5 years, he was the guy parents want their daughter to date.  Involved in sports, great marks, involved in the community - yet behind close doors he was a controlling abusive manipulator.  My parents loved this guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Unfortunately most learn the hard way. Just make sure she doesn't wind up pregnant.

I learned the hard way, now I have a penchant for the ones that seem like total sweethearts and turn out to be assholes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Move far away?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN