Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My step daughter was babysitting my son, he broke his arm, she's being a b****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 861 Replies
2 moms liked this
My stepdaughter is 19 and is visiting us for a weekend because she had to go to a wedding last night. I asked her to watch my son forfor 3 hours yesterday while I had to visit my mom in the hospital and my dh was at work. I suggested she take him to the park. I'm usually right in there playing with him and supervising, but she apparently just sat off to the side.

My son is 5. He was playing with the slide and was trying to hang off the side of the high part of the playground to jump from it to the slide and go down. She saw him do it once and told him to stop or they were leaving. She still didn't get up to be right there. He started to do it again and she got up, grabbed his legs. He wiggled away from her accidentally kicked her in the face and broke his arm when he fell on it.

When I met them at the hospital, she hadn't apologized to him, didn't apologize to me or my husband and said "maybe next time he won't be a brat, not listen and kick me in the face because I told him to stop" and actually said to him "this wouldn't have happened if you'd listened" when he was crying, making him cry harder.

I got mad and said I'd talk to hear when I got home, and she said she'd be at the wedding. I started to get heated and said "you're still going to the f*cking wedding when you put your brother in the hospital??" And she said "he put himself here by acting like a little shithead and not listening" and left. She slept at her boyfriends and didn't come home last night.

I'm lost on how to handle this. I'm furious at her, but dh doesn't want to get involved and she's the type that just brushes it off and doesn't care if you get angry at her. Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reading.Rainbow
by LeVar on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:29 PM
178 moms liked this
It was your son's fault.

He needs to learn to listen so these situations don't happen.
ttriddick
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:29 PM
103 moms liked this
Your son is 5. She was in charge. He didn't listen and had an accident. You need to chill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM
30 moms liked this
She is correct. If he had listened he wouldn't have gotten hurt.
BrutalTruth
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM
30 moms liked this
Well...she's kind of right. His arm is broken because he didn't listen. Also lol at 'accidentally' kicked her in the face.
GarysGirl85
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM
6 moms liked this
She is right, you are not.
Crashly
by Ashley on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM
80 moms liked this
It's not her fault. He's old enough to listen. I would be going to the wedding too. It's a broken arm, he's not in the icu. You're lucky she even gave you that three hours to watch your son. I'm sure she probably had better things to be doing.
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM
11 moms liked this
I don't know what she should apologize for. He wasn't listening and he got hurt, not her fault.
Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM
28 moms liked this
I agree with her. Your son was an ass. Get over your child being a precious snowflake and things will be much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:32 PM
36 moms liked this

I think you over reacted. She was watching him because she saw him and told him not to do it again yet he did it and when she tried to get him down he was unruly and got hurt.  No reason she should skip the wedding she came in town for because he broke his arm. Its not like he is in a life threatening situation. 

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:32 PM
11 moms liked this
There needs to be some sort of "I Play Favorites" meme or sweet pea.

It's the 5 year old's fault.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)