Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It happened...

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM
  • 32 Replies
I finally got unsolicited parenting advice from a stranger!

DH and I took the girls to the park today. There was a sandpit in the shade so my oldest went for that, and the middle daughter went to the swing with DH.

DD1 left her flip flops with me to get in the sand and this woman waits a few moments and then says "You really should get her different shoes. Those aren't good for their feet". I smiled at her. Then she adds "You can get better shoes at Goodwill if its a money issue"

Again, I smiled, and simply got up and went to another part of the sand pit.

WTF. Seriously!
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:10 PM
People are such idiots and need to realize that just because you have a thought does not mean you need to share it out loud.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM
3 moms liked this

"I don't have different shoes but you know what I DO have in abundance??? Nosey ass strangers giving me unsolicited advice! Fuck you very much and have a nice day! :)"

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM
LOL WUT
BrutalTruth
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have said "You really should shut up amd mind your own business....you can talk to yourself if it's a loneliness issue."
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Right?!

I'd made it 5 years without anyone giving me a hard time about much of anything, but this chick thinks my kids shouldn't wear flip flops. Its summer time and she's 5 at the park. I think she'll live.

Not mad or anything, just kinda has me thinking "Why do you even care?"

Quoting lexiloo714: People are such idiots and need to realize that just because you have a thought does not mean you need to share it out loud.
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I would tell her my daughters feet are fine and it is none of your damn business what she wears! 

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess I should've said something, but its easier for me just to not engage and move away from her.

Quoting BrutalTruth: I would have said "You really should shut up amd mind your own business....you can talk to yourself if it's a loneliness issue."
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Lol. The one that stands out for me is the bagger at the grocery store. DD wouldn't stop messing with the carts and I told her several times to leave then alone and come stand by me as we were checking out. She knew she was in trouble at this point. Anyway, the bagger starts going on with "you need to nip that in the bud right now or you're going to have serious problems. You just need to ignore her or else she'll KNOW she's in charge blah, blah..." Did I mention this was a young teenage girl bagging for tips? So, she takes everything out and loads in my vehicle all the while yapping on and on about how I should "beat her ass" or it'll just get worse. I hadn't said a word at this point and I was closing my hatch I asked "how many kids do you have?" To which she replied "oh,I don't have any kids yet". I smiled and said "thought so".slammed my door and left without giving her a tip. Idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM
That drives me nuts. Once I had a 3 week old and it was the first time I got out of the house since giving birth. Baby was to have her first pictures , and all I wanted for myself was a good cup of coffee made by someone else. After all I went through I deserved whatever the hell I want. I went to starbucks and it was just starting to rain. Some old biddy said " you are brave to take that baby out in this weather." I said " I have cabin fever." Oh that made me mad.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Ugh..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)