Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you be upset?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
If you had one of your kids parties and your family knows that any parties you host are alcohol free and your aunt brought beer to the party and drank it outside. Her logic on it is "I didn't bring any alcohol INTO your house"

Eta: we didn't notice at the party since she was only there for about an hour and kept busy= didn't get to drink much, we had 15 kids in the house so I wasn't paying her much attention. My concern is at future parties which are usually much longer, no one wants to be around my aunt mom or stwpdad when they drink and they're not responsible drinkers which is why we have banned alcohol from parties we host and leave events before it gets to a certain point.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I would have told her to leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:35 PM
*My* aunt would have been told to leave, but that is because she's a belligerent drunk as is, and she knows she isn't allowed around my kids if she's been drinking.
I can't say for sure how I'd react if it was any of my other family members, A) they have more respect of hostess wishes and B) they're all responsible drinkers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Weird. Don't invite her next time.

kmeow
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be one thing if she really didn't get it, but saying "it's not IN the house" makes her seem like a petulant little three year old testing limits. I would kill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Tbh we didn't know about it, the party was a short one so she didn't have time to drink much, not enough for us to notice otherwise we would have. I only found out when she was telling me yesterday if dh wanted beer at the cook out he'd have to bring his own and she was saying something else about it then mentioned about the party...

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: I would have told her to leave.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:40 PM

This happened to me at my 1st wedding.  I had just became Muslim and my husband (now ex) requested no alcohol to be served at the dinner (which we paid for).  My father's side of the family showed up and ordered wine for the tables :/  I was livid but didn't say anything and just let it go.  It wasn't worth the argument.  

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

No because I don't control what adults do. She didn't harm anyone, she didn't cause a scene, she stayed out of the house. Eh. 

DoofusAloofus
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Yes, and honestly I'd have asked her to leave. It's not as if someone cannot do without alcohol for one or two hours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM
My aunt and uncle drink all the time, and my mom and step dad have been drinking quite often too actually... They get annoying, argumentative and just plain stupid. My uncle can't even stand my aunt when she's drunk if that helps explain it better lol. No one likes being around them when drunk except each other...
They are the reason we refuse to allow alcohol at our home or parties we host. IF they were responsible about it, didn't go over board and could still act like normal civilized people... Maybe wed allow it
The party was only 1.5 he's (she showed up about 15 minutes late and came to help with them kids so I kinda kept her busy and she didn't have much time to go outside to smoke or drink so we didn't notice. Normally parties are easy 2-3 hours and they can get pretty trashed in the first hour if they had the chance.she ratted herself out to me yesterday

Quoting Anonymous: *My* aunt would have been told to leave, but that is because she's a belligerent drunk as is, and she knows she isn't allowed around my kids if she's been drinking.
I can't say for sure how I'd react if it was any of my other family members, A) they have more respect of hostess wishes and B) they're all responsible drinkers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Even though she was specifically told no alcohol at our home?

Quoting sheramom4:

No because I don't control what adults do. She didn't harm anyone, she didn't cause a scene, she stayed out of the house. Eh. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)