Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter had an abortion :( I'm devastated and angry and don't know what to do.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1192 Replies
My daughter is 21 and goes to college. She was home for the weekend visiting and my younger daughter said she lent her a shirt when she came to visit three weeks ago and wanted it back. I went to check her suitcase for it, and there was a sheet with her name on it for instructions for abortion aftercare and a follow up appointment for next week. I was so shocked that I immediately burst into tears

She was out visiting friends but when she got home I confronted her about it. She looked nervous but said "this is none of your business" and went to her room and shut the door. I went in after her and told her not to dare slam the door on me in my house, how could she do that, she knows we're a pro-life family who would have helped her in any way we needed. She told me my reaction is exactly the reason she didn't tell me, and to "mind my own business, if I wanted your opinion I would have asked". I'm ashamed to admit that I slapped her. I was just so worked up I did it but instantly regretted it. I started apologizing immediately but she pushed me, I fell and hurt myself, and by the time I got up she had her suitcase zipped, purse on and was leaving.

I tried calling her over and over and she didn't answer. When I finally got through last night it was her boyfriend who picked up. I asked him to put her on the phone and he said "fuck off, she doesn't want to speak to you, and from the sounds of it she doesn't want to see you again".

I'm so devastated and at a loss of what to do. I can't believe she had an abortion after a lifetime of me teaching her that me, our family, our religion and our values show it is not the right path. A lifetime of us volunteering at pregnancy centres showing women there are other options. A lifetime of us being so close, and now her boyfriend is telling me to fuck off? She's always been a good girl, putting herself through college through loans and scholarships and working and being a good student. I can't believe our family is torn apart.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM
32 moms liked this

Give her some time to cool off.  You have to apologize, hope she gives you that chance.  She's an adult and she made her choice.

myflowerasd
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM
34 moms liked this
It was her choice. Whether you agree with abortion or not, doesn't matter. She made the decision to have one. Now all you can do is try to show her that you still love and care about her. Give her some space and let her come to you.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
this

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Give her some time to cool off.  You have to apologize, hope she gives you that chance.  She's an adult and she made her choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
5 moms liked this

Just leave her alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
110 moms liked this

I hope that you realize that your beliefs on abortion may not be the same as your daughter's.  She is an adult and, therefore, may have her own thoughts and opinions.  Raising her with one view does not mean that it will be her view when she grow up.  She didn't come to you because she knew where you stood on the issue and she knew she would receive no support in her decision.    

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
29 moms liked this
First off, why would you go in her suitcase before asking?? Invasion of privacy much? She's an adult.

mommy2adandykid
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
3 moms liked this

well, it's your fault.  try not to screw up your other kids.

shadowcat76
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM
13 moms liked this
Well she obviously chose a different path. The way I see it, you can choose to support her decision and forgive her. Or not, and run the risk of losing her.
momof2girls220
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM
12 moms liked this

IT IS none of your business, she is a grown woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM
15 moms liked this
Get over it. Not your body not your choice

You should be there to support your dd
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)