Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marijuana babies nearly twice as likely to survive.

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 144 Replies
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM
4 moms liked this

I think marijuana should be legal nationwide.  I think that we have gone overboard on the no drugs during pregnancy to the point that pregnant women feel guilty if they take anything stronger than tylenol.  I took ibuprophen during my pregancy because tylenol did diddly squat for  my sciatica.  I had morning sickness but never had the hurls, just felt queasy.  My stepsister had it bad though and marijuana probably would have helped her a lot.

momof2girls220
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

when i was pregnant with my first child i have severe morning sickness, pot definitely helped.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I think marijuana should be legal nationwide.  I think that we have gone overboard on the no drugs during pregnancy to the point that pregnant women feel guilty if they take anything stronger than tylenol.  I took ibuprophen during my pregancy because tylenol did diddly squat for  my sciatica.  I had morning sickness but never had the hurls, just felt queasy.  My stepsister had it bad though and marijuana probably would have helped her a lot.

momof2girls220
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:44 PM

BUMP!

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:44 PM
I had 3 miscarriages before getting pregnant with my perfectly healthy, smart 3 1/2 year old son. Because of a recent miscarriage and no cycle between, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was about 13 weeks. During that time I smoked marijuana and drank a little. I felt horrible after I found out, but after having another miscarriage after, I can't help but think that the marijuana might have helped some.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this
The biggest risk factors from marijuana come from its illegality: smoke inhalation, lacing or fungal/bacterial contamination from subpar trafficking conditions, and obtaining risk.

I know plenty of people who use marijuana for medical reasons but as MMJ is not legal in our state, don't feel comfortable with owning the paraphernalia required to or otherwise cannot affordably avoid smoke inhalation by using different ingestion methods.
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:45 PM
5 moms liked this
I think it is a scewed statistic to try to make their point as most statistics are.
momof2girls220
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Because you don't like what it says?

Quoting Melbornj: I think it is a scewed statistic to try to make their point as most statistics are.

ilovecandy
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:49 PM

i dont know how i feel about this. with everything, until there is a ton of studies to show yey or nay, i just dont know. i mean, i would prefer pot over medications

when i got pregnant with my third, i was on zoloft. i had just started taking it. i didnt know i was pregnant at the time. i was feeling sooooooo fricken sick. i tried everything under the sun to combat this horrible pukey feeling i was having. and then i found out i was pregnant and it wasnt the medication. Anywho....i stopped taking the medication because to me, pills are just no good. i hated taking average joe blow meds when pregnant (Tylenol) much less something more extreme like zoloft. i told all my doctors this and they tried to do the 'ohh....its perfectly safe!!!' blah blah blah.....

now.....theres law suites up the asshole for women taking zoloft while pregnant. yeah, at this point, i feel really good that i did in fact stop taking it.

you dont hear about birth defects and withdrawal from babies whos mothers smoked pot, there may be some, but i havent really read anything or heard of anything. so its one of those, i cant be sure you know?i prefer natural vs. not natural, but still scares me a little. but MJ has proven to help with many things. so.....i dont know. im on the fence i guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:49 PM
I smoked for the first 5 mos of my now 1 1/2 year old and he is perfectly healthy.

He was even a perfect newborn never any problems or complications.
I had morning sickness so severe I lost 20 lbs and couldn't keep anything down. I was 113 when I got pregnant and I seriously thought I was gonna die because I couldn't eat.

It seriously was a life saver. I don't smoke my 2nd pregnancy because I had no morning sickness.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:50 PM
8 moms liked this
I don't know but for me; any type of smoking or drinking isn't ok with me and my body during pregnancies.
Before i get jumped, i said; me and my body!! Not yours.
I just wouldn't do that even if scientist or whatever said it was o.k.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)