Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh momma bear wants to come out!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
There is a girl in our neighborhood, she is 2 years older than dd. Things were going well at the beginning of summer. However earlier this week the kids wanted to do a lemonade stand and the girl told dd she couldn't help. Dd has avoided her until today. We were taking the dog for a walk when the girl yelled hi to dd. Dd yelled hi back, ran inside to grab a jacket, and came out to play. The girl then proceeded to ignore her and even said to the other kids "do you hear that, it sounds like the wind" when dd went to go play with them.

Dd is 9 and I'm trying to let her solve her own issues, the girl also came over to apologize. But it tested my patience not to ask her what her problem was.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM

It sucks when kids are assholes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Are the other kids your dd's age or older too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM
It does. Dd is incredibly sweet but also really sensitive. I don't understand why this girl feels the need to be mean to her.

Quoting littlesippycup:

It sucks when kids are assholes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM
One is her age, one is a year younger, the other two are both 6.

Quoting Anonymous: Are the other kids your dd's age or older too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:38 PM
So this girl is the queen bee of the group. Do you have any idea why she's singled out your dd?

Quoting Anonymous: One is her age, one is a year younger, the other two are both 6.

Dannygirl25
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Id sit dd down and just tell her that of the girl os mean to her then she should not go around her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:42 PM
She can be an easy target as she struggles to stand up for herself. She had a problem with a girl at her school who bullies anyone who happens to look at her. However dd's best friend (she doesn't live near us) started to help dd with standing up for herself and by the end of this year the girl left her alone. However her skills must not be there yet if she can't do it without her best friend there to help her.

Quoting Anonymous: So this girl is the queen bee of the group. Do you have any idea why she's singled out your dd?

Quoting Anonymous: One is her age, one is a year younger, the other two are both 6.

hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM

That little girl is a little shit head and I wouldn't let my daughter play with her. She is probably jealous of your daughter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Why that little B_ _ _ _ _!  Your dd can do better than that.  My dd once had a friend, a former friend who once said to her face "why doesn't your Mom buy you nicer clothes?  Your clothes look so crappy."  Of course, dd's clothes were not crappy and between her grandma's and I, she had nice clothes.  We think this girl was jealous.  She was always taunting my dd, telling me that her Mom takes her clothes shopping every weekend and buys her anything she wants.  They are not rich, either or live in a fancy home.  Just snotty people.  We once attended a jewelry party at this girl and her Mom's house.  If I promised to have a party, this Mom would receive free jewelry and she and her dd promised to attend.  Well, on the day of our party, she and her dd were a no show.  I asked her why they didn't come and she told me that she and her dd decided they didn't feel like it and wanted to do something else. 

WhiteRose24
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. I would want to invite all the kids except her to go to the water park but that would be immature.

I would tell my dd to ignore her though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN