Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He doesn't like his harness...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
So I was with a friend last night and we were going to run some errands, she has a son who will be 3 this week and my daughters car seat was already hooked into my car (my daughter was not with us), and I had suggested since we were taking my car and our kids are the same size she could just put her son in my daughters car seat. She responded with we can't use mine because her son doesn't like the harness and he uses a booster. What the hell?! Is that even legal to put a two year old in a booster seat?? And why even give him the option to use a booster??
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannygirl25
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:00 PM
He either can have a screaming fit in a harnass or she can pick her child up. No way in hell would i put him in a booster. Sounds like a shit bag parent. Who the hell even gives a two yr old that option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this

All passengers in my car must be properly belted whether that's a rear facing set for babies, a seat belt for adults, or anything in between. If people don't like that then they don't ride in my car. Sounds like you need a similar rule. 

Mylilmonkey1120
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM
That is nuts. My son is 4.5 and still in a 5 point. I have no idea on legal but most people I know think I'm the weird one because by 3 their kids where in boosters
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM

My dd is 5 and she is still in a 5 point harness. By my state law she is OLD enough for a booster seat but not tall enough or weigh enough. The 5 point harness seat is a pain the the axx but I will keep her in it as long as she needs. She will move up to a booster when she is the correct size and it is safe for her.

nanny1918
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:13 PM
I think it's crazy to let a two year old make life and death decisions for himself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:13 PM

illegal and unsafe

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:14 PM
That's crazy, let him scream from the safety if his carseat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Well they didn't ride in my car, I'm not being held responsible if something were to happen!
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:15 PM
No. It isn't. My friend had her one year old in a booster. People just don't get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:16 PM
One year old?!?! I'm not a car seat nazi by any means, but there is no way in hell my child will be in a booster anytime soon

Quoting ajdahd13: No. It isn't. My friend had her one year old in a booster. People just don't get it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN