Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do you do as a sahm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I am a sahm to to 2 . My son 11 and my dd 14.

My dd washes all dishes, cleans her bathroom every Saturday and washes her own clothes. My son feeds the dogs and takes out the garbage. Dd has more because we pay for her phone monthly.

I do all other house work. Wash, dry and fold/ hang up mine, dh and ds clothes. I do all yard work, get all maintenance done to vehicles. Cook every meal. Except when dh decides to grill. I deal with all of our finances and make sure all bills are paid.
I go to every school meeting and every single doctor appointment.

My dh works and comes home and relaxes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I am a sahm of two also.
6 and 17 months.
DS keeps me busy three days a week with his physical therapy and he does at home head start.
I am doing an hour of home schooling with DD now that school is out.
I cook, clean.
Weekends I stay at my aunts house and take care of my grandmother. Feeding her, bathing her, helping her use the bed pan. Keeping up on her meds, keeping her company, cleaning and wrangling my two kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:03 PM
So far, DS is only responsible for cleaning up after himself and helping me out. He's 6.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I tan by the pool in the summer, that's it.
Chirinos
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I am a SAHM of 2 boys ages 9 & 11. My boys are in charge of the dishes, the garbage, cleaning their room, and putting their laundry away.
I do the rest of the housework, the cooking, and taking care of the finances.
I go to every medical apt. I go to every school meeting including IEP meetings.
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I have one who is almost 3.  

I get up make sure he is changed, and fed.  Hubby goes off to work, comes home at noon for lunch which is waiting for him.  Between those time I do my normal run through of chores depending on what needs to be done.

DH comes home at 4:30 and I make dinner while he showers.  He then plays with our son.  We have dinner-after dinner hubby may take Isaac to the park, or give him a bath, what ever the plan of attack is that evening.  He puts Isaac to bed.  After that we both chill.

Tomorrow night he has already informed me that he will be mowing the grass and edging.  He has two vacation days next week--one of them we're taking Isaac to the amusement park and the other he is taking the car to have its oil changed.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Sahm to two 10 year old girls - they attend public school

They keep their room picked up, clean their bathroom, fold & put away their clothes and anything else I randomly ask them to do.

I plan to teach them how to do laundry this summer as well as dishes. I want to teach them a bit more cooking/baking too so they can be a little more independent with that.

I do all cleaning, scheduling, most yard work, help with homework, school functions etc. etc. 

BF takes out trash, has a full time job, does his own laundry and helps with cooking.

It took 5 years to work everything out so that everyone is happy lol But it works for us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I have iep meetings too. I had a 2 hour long meeting right before the end of the year .ds going into middle school.

Quoting Chirinos: I am a SAHM of 2 boys ages 9 & 11. My boys are in charge of the dishes, the garbage, cleaning their room, and putting their laundry away.
I do the rest of the housework, the cooking, and taking care of the finances.
I go to every medical apt. I go to every school meeting including IEP meetings.
Zengirl79
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I have 2 boys ages 5 and 7.  I do some light cleaning and cook all the meals.  I have a cleaning lady that comes and does the heavy duty cleaning and laundry.  Although I do still do laundry and dishes of course.  My husband pays the bills.  Landscaper/gardener takes care of the yard.  Pool guy does the pool.  Kids have to put away their toys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Short version, everything but making the money. 

My husband goes to work and brings home the bacon. I do all the child rearing and housework as well as conducting all family business outside the homelike running errands and making appointments. My kids are responsible for putting their laundry in the baskets and picking up their own stuff as much as they can; my 17 month old just recently started sorting her laundry but she is still pretty terrible at keeping her toys picked up. 

bakerytreatz16
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM
In a sahm mom to a 2 year old and a 5 month old.

I sweep/mop.
Do dishes.
Cook.
Change diapers.
Do laundry.
Pick up toys.
Rock the baby.
Sing to both girls.
Play with both girls.
Dust a couple times a week.
Clean pictures/mirrors a couple times
A week.

yard work.

We spend a lot of time out side and We've been swimming a lot lately.

In my free time I like go read, write and bake.

I do all the housework, dh has really wonky hours, he'll help if I ask, but I kind of feel bad asking lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)