Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It is MY cup; not a communal drinking fountain!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

It is really getting on my nerves that everyone seems to think that they are allowed to just grab whatever I'm drinking out of whenever they're thirsty.  Just because my cup is always full doesn't mean they're allowed to drink from it! 

Even worse, I've been having a difficult time making sure I'm drinking enough water.  I pick certain cups because I know if I drink X number of them, it'll give me the 64oz minimum I'm shooting for.  Then someone goes and grabs my cup and I have no clue how much I drank out of it so now I've lost track of how much I've actually had to drink for the day.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM
I feel your pain, even the cat tries to drink from my glass.
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Tell them not to touch your cup I guess. I would just drink extra water to be sure I guess. 

hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to have a cat that would always drink my coffee. 

Quoting Danesmommy1: I feel your pain, even the cat tries to drink from my glass.

SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:22 PM

That would annoy me too. If I sit my cup down in the wrong spot, my dog will drink out of it.

CPatt0708
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Both my son and dh do that...it drives me crazy!
Roxanne92
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Ew germs, tell them you're sick they're leave your cup alone
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Amen.

I cringe a little every time one of my kids drink out of my cup. All I can think about is the germs and viruses that are in their little germ infested mouths. I hate kissing them on the lips for the same reason. Granted, I allow them to drink out of my cup and water bottle, no problem, but it is a part of parenthood that makes my heart bleed a little.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Ugh, not just me!  That drives me batty

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM

i don't know why women allow their children to eat from their plates or drink from their cups. that annoys me to no greater end, having someone take my FOOD. i get so pissed! lol

i downloaded an app that helps me keep track of how much water i've drunk in a day because i was having the same problem. it reminds me to drink, too.

all of my kids are still babies, so they have their own sippy cups, but yeah, i keep my glass away from their reach. those demons will break anything!

ajdahd13
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM
My kids do it, but I don't care. I did it to my mom all the time growing up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)