Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So now every woman has PPD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
ok no, not EVERY woman for all the people who take things literally and ask me if I've really met *every* woman.
But seriously, it seems like most PP woman I've spoken to recently says they have PPD.yea, I'm pretty sure you don't and you're just exhausted and overwhelmed by the new addition. Just because you are sad doesn't equal depression. Why the fuck is mental illnesses becoming such a trend?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ARACMOM
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I think people get ppd confused with baby blues.
casah4
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I agree with the PP.  I think people think if they're sad at all it must be PPD.  It's just not explained in detail enough, I think.  I didn't have PPD with my first, but I did with my second.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I think I had a mild case of it with my first child, but not my second.  My hormones seemed to take a different turn after the second and I had a three month period of serious elation, lol.  Best three months of my life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:18 PM
What aracmom said.

Plus it seems to me that lately in america there is a competition on who has the most issues. Who is the sickest, who is the most unique, or who has it worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:20 PM
12 moms liked this
You know what? Fuck you.

People like you are the reason why women suffering from PPD are afraid to ask for help and end up hurting or killing their children.

I hope you or someone you know experiences PPD so you know exactly how fucking scary and crippling it can be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:21 PM
A lot of things are over diagnosed or self diagnosed. I'm thankful I never had PPD, and I had 3 children.
Sara-1989
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:23 PM
I've had people on here tell me I need anti-depressants because I had one bad day. Same with one random person on my Facebook when I wasn't even bitching about anything. Having a bad day doesn't equate depression.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:24 PM

My doctor actually diagnosed me with ppd and my therapist over rode the diagnosis. They do tend to hand that diagnosis out freely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I agree. Everyone these days has PTSD, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous: You know what? Fuck you. People like you are the reason why women suffering from PPD are afraid to ask for help and end up hurting or killing their children. I hope you or someone you know experiences PPD so you know exactly how fucking scary and crippling it can be.

Grow up and be a mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)