Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We gave a big tip and it felt SO good

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM
  • 77 Replies
25 moms liked this
I always read posts on here with women complaining about having to tip at restaurants. It makes me sick. Tonight, DH and I took our two kiddos out to eat at a nice restaurant for Father's Day. We specifically requested that our server be a dad so we could brighten his day, especially since he had to work today. He was an excellent server, and sang "happy Father's Day to you" to DH as he brought out our deserts. He even comped the meal that our picky four year old didnt like. Our bill was $99.64, and we left $299.64. I've never left a tip that big, and it made me feel so wonderful. It's amazing what doing nice things for others can do for you.
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:52 PM

nice!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM
15 moms liked this
And then you came on cafe mom and bragged about. Go you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM
That's awesome! You should feel really good about that!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Good for you.

But this post would have been much less self-serving if you had gone anonymous. 

IAmALionessof4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That's fantastic. It's such high doing something for others. I bet he'll pay it forward too.
katie23VA
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I just want to share how great it feels to do good for others. I'll admit I am a bit giddy because it brings me a lot of joy to be generous, and I wanted to share that feeling.

Quoting Anonymous: And then you came on cafe mom and bragged about. Go you.
katie23VA
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I'm hoping to encourage others to do nice things by letting them know that it really does feel great.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you.

Bella_x3
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Very nice! DH refuses to eat out on "special" days. Lol he says he doesn't want to feel bad someone got stuck working and waiting on him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM
6 moms liked this

Again, you could have accomplished your goal, without tooting your own  horn, by going anonymous. 

But you already knew that...

Quoting katie23VA: I'm hoping to encourage others to do nice things by letting them know that it really does feel great.
Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you.

CorbinsMumma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:02 PM
7 moms liked this
Matthew 6:1-4 "Be careful not to do your "acts of righteousness" before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, but to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have recieved their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, you could have accomplished your goal, without tooting your own  horn, by going anonymous. 

But you already knew that...

Quoting katie23VA: I'm hoping to encourage others to do nice things by letting them know that it really does feel great.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)