Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your kids to be around someone that's a different religion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 541 Replies
1 mom liked this
If you were atheist would you allow your kids to be around Christians, jewish people, etc?
Vice versa I'd you were Christian, Jewish, etc would you want an atheist around your kids?
I ask this because dh has high school friends that are Atheist and while I'm not strongly religious, I do believe. My family however are more extreme in their faith and think I'm allowing a bad influence on my son by allowing them around him and think I shouldn't.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:14 AM
13 moms liked this
My dh is atheist my son goes to church. I allow my kids to explore and make their own decisions.
smalltownteddy
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Of course, it's not a big deal to me. We're Christian but we have tons of friends of other or no religions.
whatssleep
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:15 AM
9 moms liked this
I'm Christian but I believe education is important. I find other religions and faiths interesting. I'd want my kids to be open to understanding and accepting of other people.
ginahunt
1 mom liked this
I'm a Christian and would allow my child to be around Atheists. I feel like religion has nothing to do with friendship.
Tgant731
5 moms liked this

Yep. I teach my children that people are people, not their race, religion, skin color, etc. Just because your kid is around them doesn't mean he will suddenly be converted or whatever. But it will give him a good perspective on life and how differences don't have to divide people. 

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm Christian, yes I would. People are people, religion is just like race to me. Even if someone is different, embrace them anyway. Unless they're assholes.
LeilaBeansMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Of course I would! Only jerks judge others based on their religion, or decision to not practice a religion.
Gwynyth
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Absolutely! It's important that she learns how others live.
Kaliary
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Man, we go to family gatherings and there are four different religions involved... 

baby 

baby

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. Dh is pagan and I'm agnostic. Both of our families are Christian. We want our son to explore religion and choose his own path. Something that personal shouldn't be forced, nor should a child be kept from people who care about them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)