Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need to vent about the baby mama

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies

I have been living with my boyfriend and his 3 children for about 3 years.  When school got out, my boyfriend and his baby mom agreed that she would take the kids to visit her sister for 2 weeks (she lives about 4 hours away).

While they were gone, the baby mom texted my boyfriend to say this exactly:

The girls say they miss you but that they don't miss your chick.  Don't be mad at them for that.

I can't say it didn't get me upset because it did.  But he told me this after the kids had come home and when they did come home, they hugged me for a long time. I got home from work and the kids were already home and one even came from her friend's house next door and walked arm in arm with me to our home.

Why would she say something like that?  Even if the kids did say that, what would be her purpose?

Ugh, sometimes I wish I can just put her in her place.  But I just keep my mouth shut because if I say anythiing, the only ones who wil be effected will be the kids.  We have a very close relationship but they feel guilty or something toward their mom if they let it be known.

Boyfriend is out of the shower so I have to go but tell me your thoughts.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:40 AM
5 moms liked this
She's probably jealous that you have a good relationship with the kids.
Linagma03
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:40 AM
17 moms liked this
Kids will say what they think the other parent wants to hear. It doesn't take a kid long to figure out that to keep mom happy tell her you don't like the other woman to make dad happy tell him you don't like mom's man. Actions speak louder than words so don't stress about it. Ignore the woman.
Armymom134
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM

It sounds like its just jealousy on BM's part, the only thing you and BF can do is ignore it. If BM doesn't get a rise out of you or BF then she will hopefully stop doing it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Psh I hope that's all it is.  She doesn't seem to get that she's opening up the door to the kids playing mom against dad.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: She's probably jealous that you have a good relationship with the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Thanks.  I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me.  

Quoting Linagma03: Kids will say what they think the other parent wants to hear. It doesn't take a kid long to figure out that to keep mom happy tell her you don't like the other woman to make dad happy tell him you don't like mom's man. Actions speak louder than words so don't stress about it. Ignore the woman.

happymommy1105
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:49 AM
7 moms liked this
Omg.

You are just the girlfriend. You only see these children because you are banging their dad.

Put her in her place??? Haha.

Best advice.....learn your place. Whatever she says to your bf isn't really your business. Does it sound like jealousy? Yup. But it's not your business. Mind your own. Stop getting your panties in a wad over what you can't control.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Quoting Armymom134:

It sounds like its just jealousy on BM's part, the only thing you and BF can do is ignore it. If BM doesn't get a rise out of you or BF then she will hopefully stop doing it.

Hopefully... The kids have said other things to me like how they can't have pictures out of their dad at mom's house because mom might start crying because it hurts her  alot that they aren't together anymore.  It's fucking stupid (excuse my french) because she's the one that left... and didn't take her kids with her when she did. Ugh I'm just so frustrated.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Exactly. 

Quoting Linagma03: Kids will say what they think the other parent wants to hear. It doesn't take a kid long to figure out that to keep mom happy tell her you don't like the other woman to make dad happy tell him you don't like mom's man. Actions speak louder than words so don't stress about it. Ignore the woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:51 AM
8 moms liked this

Mind my own business?  The kids ARE my business. When they are home with us, I help take care of them and they know it.  I know my place and I respect the relationship my boyfriend and his baby mom have.  I never even raise my eyebrow when they get together for the kids.  But she needs to learn her place and respect the fact that this here in our home, is a family of it's own.

Quoting happymommy1105: Omg. You are just the girlfriend. You only see these children because you are banging their dad. Put her in her place??? Haha. Best advice.....learn your place. Whatever she says to your bf isn't really your business. Does it sound like jealousy? Yup. But it's not your business. Mind your own. Stop getting your panties in a wad over what you can't control.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Ignore her. This says way more about her than you. Take the high road always.

Also I think you mean affecting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)