Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

depressed, my water will be turned off this week :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
My dh was hurt at work and only get 300 a week (workers comp)...that just barely covers our mortgage and house insurance and nothing else....we have gone through all of our savings in the past year since he was hurt and I have yet to find employment even though I look every day, submit applications and even have adds out looking for odd jobs...I don't know what we're going to do if I can't come up with the water/sewer bill money by Thursday my water will be cut off Friday morning at 7 am :( I am so stressed and frustrated :(

EDIT...I DO NOT HAVE THE INTERNET I AM AT THE LIBRARY USING THEIR INTERNET LOOKING FOR WORK AGAIN TODAY, I JUST NEEDED TO VENT NOTHING MORE AND NO I WILL NOT WALK AWAY FROM THE HOUSE WE BOUGHT 10 Years ago
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM
I have a hard time believing you can't find any job in one year. Sorry you are struggling. :/
DirtyPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM
How much do out owe? Have you tried to set up arrangements with them? Most of the time they will work with you if you show them that you are at least trying to pay it.
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Can you not get a job at McDonald's or Walmart or a gas station?? I know it's probably not what you want but it's work at least.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Yes I tried, but they won't take anything less then 50 a week and I don't have 50 a week to give, we just barely have gas money for me to go to interviews and to take our youngest to her appointments

Quoting DirtyPrincess: How much do out owe? Have you tried to set up arrangements with them? Most of the time they will work with you if you show them that you are at least trying to pay it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Yes I tried, but they won't take anything less then 50 a week and I don't have 50 a week to give, we just barely have gas money for me to go to interviews and to take our youngest to her appointments

Quoting DirtyPrincess: How much do out owe? Have you tried to set up arrangements with them? Most of the time they will work with you if you show them that you are at least trying to pay it.
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry you're struggling, but a year, come on.  You're either being extremely picky or your looking out of your league.  I'm a SAHM who looked when my husband was out of work for a total of 3 weeks--in that 3 weeks I had 4 interviews and 2 job offers--didn't need them as DH was hired for better pay quickly.  So something is out there for you too!

As for your water problem--you need to call the water company and make arrangements.  If they refuse then you need to call the PUC and report that.  The PUC will stop the shut off--but you will need to call the water company after calling the PUC to tell them you've opened a complain.  Also you need to do this before you're shut off.  Complaining on MC isn't going to solve the immediate problem at hand.

malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I find it hard that you have not been able to find a job in a year.  Have you applied for fast food and cashier jobs? It may not be the kind of job you want, but it'll help pay the bills.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Sorry it's so hard for you to believe, but I have been applying every where, even posted adds on craigslist, Facebook and put up adds at the local stores bulletin boards looking for even odd jobs...

Quoting brettsmomma: I have a hard time believing you can't find any job in one year. Sorry you are struggling. :/
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
3 moms liked this
A year?? You've run out of money and I've run out of sympathy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Diners are always looking for waitresses aren't they? Wages may be bad but you could do pretty well in tips I think.

I hope everything works out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN