Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sister trying to destroy my marriage.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
1 mom liked this
My sister is 8 years younger than me. She has always been a needy person and tried to ruin any important moment in my life: she got pissed when I didn't take her 8 year old opinion into account when choosing my college, she punched me because I didn't "show her respect" when I moved back home for grad school, she was pissed when I didn't make her MOH at 15 and bitched and complained at every wedding event, when our son was born she stopped speaking to us and removed us from FB because we "stole her baby name" (ps she was 17 and not pregnant and we had picked that name before she "claimed it").

Against better judgement I listened to my father and convinced my husband to make her godmother to our son. Things looked better for a while, but now she's gone to far. She threatened to kill our dog and insulted my husband because he was laid off and "it's not her fault he can't keep a job". She's mad because we are moving across the country for my job and a new job for my husband and is acting out by being nasty again.

Since this all went down on Mother's Day I've refused to talk to her. My husband wants me to cut her out of our lives completely, something I'm not willing to do (she's my sister, I don't have to like her) and it's a major bone of contention.

Well now I'm the "evil one"- my mom called the other day and said "sister thinks you're not talking to her". When I said I'm not because she hasn't apologized for insulting my husband and threatening my dog and I'm done with her, my mom got upset and said "I'm not getting involved". Last I checked I didn't ask her to get involved. Why won't my mom understand that fighting over my sister has almost destroyed my marriage and I'm not letting her do that to us? Does anyone have advice? I'm so tired of being held emotionally hostage by this little bitch, who happens to be my sister!!!

ETA- she's currently 20 years old.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.love.my.life
by Arika on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Stand your ground. Have you explained to her why you don't feel the need to talk to her? She obviously needs to grow up and I think you are handling it very well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
"she's my sister, i don't have to like her" yeah until she fucks every single good thing in your life and your husband gets fed up with you keeping a poisonous person in your lives..... You get what you allow in your life.
Any clue why you are miserable with what she's doing??... Ohhh maybe because you welcome her back over and over :D
anyways, keeet her around....see you in a few with another post about her until you finally see the light.
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I agree with stand your ground. Your sister sounds like a bon-a-fide crazy twatwaffle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:18 AM
I'm a wimp and have chosen to say nothing. I cannot handle another confrontation with her and am purposely avoiding her. If she picks up the phone I ask for my parents and if they aren't there I hang up. I guess I want her to know I'm pissed but she's the kind of person who uses your anger to justify her own rage and it ramps her up.

Quoting i.love.my.life: Stand your ground. Have you explained to her why you don't feel the need to talk to her? She obviously needs to grow up and I think you are handling it very well.
Chibee
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:19 AM

SHE is not ruining your marriage....the fact that you are your husband don't agree is the issue with your marriage.   I would stop worrying about HER for a bit and get you and your DH on the same page about how to deal wtih her.  Once you are across the country, I don't see her being able to cause a huge probem anyways

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM
I'd be done with her. Sorry and good luck.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM
All you can do is stand your ground. Since you're moving away, it will be much easier to distance yourself from her anyway & maybe she'll do some growing up while you're gone.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Stand your ground. People treat you the way you let them treat you. Stop putting up with bullshit and she'll either straighten up or she won't. Either outcome, leaves you in peace.
holyhoola
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM
My sister ridiculed me endlessly last night. I'm picking everyone up breakfast now, I hope she's gone by the time I get back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Moving away is probably the best thing you can do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN