Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll come take it please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: Which are you?

Options:

pro life and against PA

Pro life and for PA

Pro choice and against PA

Pro choice and for PA

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 103

View Results

I'm in debate class and one of the subjects that will come up sometime is pro-life vs pro choice. The twist is we have to bring public aid into it somehow.

I need to be able to swing at both sides so if you want to share your views go ahead. I am not putting my opinion in at all because I have to stand and be able to fight for either side, no matter if it is against my views or not.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I would do some research on some reputable websites and come up with your own opinions/arguments.  Most people are going to give you highly uneducated and unsupported opinions here and that will totally screw over your assignment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:24 AM

what does PA stand for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I would do some research on some reputable websites and come up with your own opinions/arguments.  Most people are going to give you highly uneducated and unsupported opinions here and that will totally screw over your assignment.

our assignment is about the people. I need to be able to think for both cases. Even reputable websites can not help with this as many donot touch on the personal level.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM

public aid.

So food stamps, housing, wic, medical, cash, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

what does PA stand for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM
This site is mostly democrats, so it'll lean heavily that way.
imthatgirl0607
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly never put any thought into either.

I guess I'm pro chpice...and DGAF about PA. 

Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I picked Pro choice and for PA.

However, I dont think abortions should be used as regular birth control and I dont think PA should be used to sit on your lazy ass and pop out more kids.

abrittani
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Other. I am pro-life and I am unsure how I feel about PA. However I have used PA and probably will for a little longer, so I can't really be against it right? I just don't know if they're doing the best job with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Yes, but it will give you the factual grounds to come up with your own arguments.  The assignment is learning how to think and come up with arguments from both sides based on those facts.  You can't learn to think by asking people for opinons and then not validating them.  Put in the effort and come up with your own arguments.  Many of us did that when we were your age--you know, before the internet when we had to do the research at an actual library and then come up with arguments.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

our assignment is about the people. I need to be able to think for both cases. Even reputable websites can not help with this as many donot touch on the personal level.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)