Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you ask your parents for a dna?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Two weeks ago dh got a call from his bio mom. This is the first time he spoke to his bio mom since he was 3 years old (he is 33 years old now). She said she got ahold of his adopted sister and she gave her his number. Dh told her on the first phone conversation that he would not call her mom. That he prefer she call him by his fisrt name and not refer to him as, "son." He doesn't view her as his mother because his mother is the women who raised him. She agreed and was totally okay with it. Well on the first phone conversation they talked about themselves. Basically things like where they lived, any kids, married, job, ect. On the first phone conversation he got to speak with his half sister. His half sister and his mom by the end of the conversation were inviting us up to there place for the holidays, asking to meet up and wanting to make phone calls regular. Dh said he needed sometime. 

Well 2 days later his bio mom texted him pictures of herself, his half sister and his half brother. They look nothing alike. She is 5'7 266lbs, short black curly hair, a fat nose, tiny ears, big eyes and wears glasses. His half sister is about the same except has a very fat face and big ears. Same with his half brother. The whole family is short, fat and just dumpy looking. Dh is 5'5 128lbs has short dark hair small tear drop shaped eyes, a small nose and is well built. He in some way questions if this is his real mother because all of them look alike and he looks nothing like them. 

Well yesterday she called to wish him a happy father's day and she called him, "son." Dh got upset with her and told her again not to calll him son. She mentioned how it'd be nice if they could meet up sometime soon. Dh isn't comfortable meeting up with her and really doesn't have the time between 4 kids, work and helping me take care of my aging and ill parents. Not to mention he has doubt if this women really is his mom. dh is afraid to ask for a dna test.

I don't know what to do or to tell him. how do I approach this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
zeenah
by Zarah on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Unless he was switched at the hospital she would know if she gave birth to him right? I'm confused I think....

Big sister to be! Nov. 2014

berlgirl1224
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM
This

And his grandmother raised him, his mother's mother. So wouldn't she know if it wasn't her daughter'a baby?

I'm confused too

Quoting zeenah:

Unless he was switched at the hospital she would know if she gave birth to him right? I'm confused I think....

berlgirl1224
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM
This

And his grandmother raised him, his mother's mother. So wouldn't she know if it wasn't her daughter'a baby?

I'm confused too

Quoting zeenah:

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Could he not have inherited his father's genes?
j3st3r
by Jedi on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Does he think he was switched at birth and no one- not bio mom or the woman who raised him- noticed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM
His bio mom was dating an abusive guy who was not his bio dad. They dated for two years before she gave him up for adoption to her abusive boyfriends mom. He was 1 when they started dating. His father is unknown.

Quoting berlgirl1224: This

I'm confused too

Quoting zeenah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN