Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to pepper spray...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

Why can't people make their dogs pee and poop in their own yards!

They pick up poop but the disgusting smell of pee lingers until I wash it off. I don't want my front lawn smelling like a *********, when we go out to play. I'm going to sprinkle black pepper and spray cayanne pepper so those little buggers will go running and sneezing. Heard that's a really effective dog / cat repellent and they do not return to the same spot to do their business again. I do wish I could spray the owners who let their pets go on other people's properties instead of the dogs who do not know better.

For anyone interested, here's the recipe.

2 cup water + 2 tbsp cayenne pepper / or a very hot chili powder (1 tbsp cayenne pepper per every cup of water)
1/2 tsp liquid dish detergent 

Mix everything in a spray bottle and shake it. Wash off the dog pee and spray it on the sopt and property lines.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks man!!! Everyone knows how dude feels about dog droppings!!!

The dude abumps!!!
Great tip!
rijerbea
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM
As long as it doesn't harm to the animals I might try it. To keep my neighborhood cats from going in my yard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Bump
mich2.0
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM
They pick up the poop and your still pissed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Dog pee kills lawns. Especially old dog pee. Of course, I am a big believer of if you do not want dogs peeing in your lawn, live where no dogs will pee on your lawn. Lol But, I have no issue with this. I may try it to keep my stupid cats from killing the baby barn swallows. Lol

Quoting mich2.0: They pick up the poop and your still pissed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM

The Cayenne pepper isn't toxic but the dogs/ cats hate the smell. The only drawback is that you have to re do it after every rain. Washing off the pee and spraying it in the spot is enough. The pee poop on the same spot so they will go to different place next time, usually far away.

I'm super annoyed after watching a group of dog owners let their dogs go to town on my flowerbed and under the mail box yesterday and that's why I'm going to spray the entire property line. They have yards as big as mine (.5 acre) so there's plenty of space for those dogs to go. 

Quoting rijerbea: As long as it doesn't harm to the animals I might try it. To keep my neighborhood cats from going in my yard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
He, he also get cotton balls soaked in vinegar and place around where you put the pepper. It works well and you can say 'oh be careful, we had to lay down some intense pesticides and it might make your dog sick "

Ya we HAD that problem, not after the peppers+ the cotton balls. ALL dogs and their owners know this is not the yard to shit in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I really don't mind the poop as long as they pick it up and do it on the curb. Sometime accidents happen. But the smell of pee is disgusting. They have yards and they should make their dogs poop and pee before they take them on walks. I don't have to wash my lawn every evening because of them. 

Quoting mich2.0: They pick up the poop and your still pissed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Cotton balls soaked in vinegar placed around along with the pepper, and pepper spray. We had this problem and it takes all three, over a month of two to be really successful

Quoting the_dude: Thanks man!!! Everyone knows how dude feels about dog droppings!!!

The dude abumps!!!
Great tip!
rijerbea
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM
That's really sad :( Mostly my problems are the pee, the stench I used to live in a block apartment, my neibors cat shit and peed on my patio. I had to throw EVERYTHING out, and disinfect my BBQ. I was livid

Quoting Anonymous:

The Cayenne pepper isn't toxic but the dogs/ cats hate the smell. The only drawback is that you have to re do it after every rain. Washing off the pee and spraying it in the spot is enough. The pee poop on the same spot so they will go to different place next time, usually far away.

I'm super annoyed after watching a group of dog owners let their dogs go to town on my flowerbed and under the mail box yesterday and that's why I'm going to spray the entire property line. They have yards as big as mine (.5 acre) so there's plenty of space for those dogs to go. 

Quoting rijerbea: As long as it doesn't harm to the animals I might try it. To keep my neighborhood cats from going in my yard.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)