Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

16 kids and 2 RSVP's

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 158 Replies

Annoying. My dd's birthday party is at a jump place this Friday and I have 2 rsvp's. I'm sending a reminder home with all the kids today with their permission slips. Tomorrow is the last day of school and then I have no way to get a hold of anyone. :/

I was going to order two Jimmy Johns platters. One with plain sandwiches for kids and one with more stuff for adults. I guess I'll just order one now. I'm totally annoyed right now.

Why don't people RSVP? Do you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellasmom32510
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM

No one does it where I live either! SUPER annoying!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Quoting bellasmom32510:

No one does it where I live either! SUPER annoying!!!

We've never had a kid party for her before. We just moved away from family and I'll be really bummed out if only two kids show up. On the other hand, at this point I'll be bummed if there isn't enough food for everyone.

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I usually have the same problem. Thats part of the reason I hate having it a places with kid limits and stuff. I'm stuck paying for that many kids even if none show up. How old is your DD? Ask her to get phone numbers from her friends at school so you can call.

corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I always RSVP.  Always.  

shadowcat76
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:31 PM
It's annoying. I have been through this many times. Do you know the kids firs and last names, or just the first name? You could try looking them up online if you have both names. I've had to do that before. It sucks trying to track down parents so you can plan accordingly. I always RSVP. It's so rude not to.
Sigmalade
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I had people RSVP that didn't show up. I was one mad momma last month! I totally understand your frustration.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We always have. But I totally get your frustrations. We use to invite all the kids in my DS's grade. Since 5th grade no one ever RSVP'ed. 90% of the time we blew a wad on the parties an had 0 kids show up. I can't even begin to tell you how much it upset my DS then or how we could have really used the funds for something else.

Kids stopped inviting him to their parties. Why? We have no clue. But we do know there were parties where everyone else was invited but my DS. So we stopped planning parties all together and inviting classmates.

Instead we had parties with family. IT SUCKS but a party with family is better than no party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I do not wanna sound stupid but what is rsvp?

Irish_Fox_Fyre
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I've stopped doing kids parties. Last year nobody showed.
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I dont remember what each letter stands for, but its basically asking for you to reply if you are coming or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not wanna sound stupid but what is rsvp?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)