Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Nephew is Satan.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a nephew whom I consider to be Satan's spawn. I had an unbelievably demoralizing evening with him last night. I have to get it out so I don't explode. My nephew is 8. He's been a nightmare his entire life. Throwing things at the dinner table, kicked my ancient dog in the face once (I learned to put he dogs out so they weren't in danger of assault from the monster) spit in my fish tank, absolute nightmare to have around my own kids. This is my nephew from my husbands side. My SIL and her husband think he's just a kid and laugh when the school has suggested he get help for his aggression.

So last night was Fathers Day as you all know. We were having dinner at the in laws. My 2 children (1 yr old girl and 3 yr old boy) are the only cousins these kids have. My kids, however, have 11 cousins, I have a huge family. Anyway, so SIL's kids wanted to play tag. I do play with the kids, rather like them. We're playing tag but my DS gets tired and wants to go look at the horses. So I call a time out and we tromp over. Satan is having a fit because he doesn't want to stop. I tell him it's just a time out. In laws have 2 horses, both mares, a percheron whose temperament I'm not real familiar with and a 3 year old mustang that's unbroken and a wee bit wild. I've got 4 kids I'm supervising and I'm trying to make sure they don't freak the horses out running about. I grab some grass for my DS to feed the percheron. Satan is trying to wrestle the grass from me. I tell him to knock it off. He grins. I threaten him with physical harm (mature I know but he gets to me) and he laughs but lets go. I give my DS the grass and Satan grabs it from him. I yell at him. He grins. I go back to get more grass and turn around to find Satan with a stick trying to whack the percheron. I should give you a good visual and tell you the middle rail of the corral is down because of the percheron. I'm not sure if she kicked it or just leaned on it and broke it. She's broken a fair amount by leaning on it. Anyway, I don't want Satan to die while I'm watching him so I grab the stick and throw it. Satan then goes over to the gate and starts rattling it which spooks the horses away and they won't come back over because he rattles it every time they start. I'm holding my 1 yr old dd at this time and I'm fed up. I tell him it's over and I am going to tell his parents. I start walking toward the house and he's FOLLOWING ME HITTING ME AND GRABBING MY CLOTHING. I'm so mad I feel like I'm on fire. I believe I may have yelled, "You fing little Bstd". He is, let's face it.

So his dad comes out and I yell that he's hitting me and continue into the house. My DH sees me and immediately asks what is wrong. I yell that Satan was hitting me and continue on to the kitchen cuz I'm losing it. Satan's mom goes rushing out of the house. A minute later Satan comes in alone and he starts poking me. I tell him to get away and he says, "blah blah blah". At this point I'm about to assault an 8 year old. Just isn't done. So I go back outside and push the rest of the kids on the swings. Eventually Satan comes out and says, "My mom and dad are making me say sorry" and walks away.

After we get home and I've calmed down I send my SIL a message with the basic facts of the incident. Something needs to be done about this kid. He's a monster. She just responds with "ok". Wouldn't most of you be totally embarrassed and ashamed of your child? I'd be apologizing and dying of humiliation if my child did that. The whole thing is totally demoralizing. I was terrorized by an 8 year old and all I could do was tell on him to his mommy and daddy. Ugh. I hate these people. They are uber "religious" and have no problem criticizing the rest of us. Say something about their little Satan Spawn and it's all about you.

So folks, I'd say in about 5-8 years I'll be telling the media that it was the parents fault Satan went off the rails and shot up a school.

As more info: Parents do MMA fighting.

The school has had major issues with him.

I’ve babysat him and had to physically hold him in time out because he was trying to harm my child.

My FIL has a "no punishing the grand kids at my house" rule. I ignore it because who is he to tell me what I can and cannot do with my kids. SIL is too afraid of him to ignore it though. This is all very ironic as FIL was abusive to his wife and kids from what I’ve been told.

Yes, my husband is supportive of me but he’s not the conflict type so happy to be on the sidelines.

SIL is posting Bible versus on FB about how kindness is this an that and other bullshit. It’s clearly aimed at me.

It's easy to tell me to avoid them but at this point we only see them at family events as it is.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM

BUMP!

butteredpoptart
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound like a fucking peach.

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Yikes. I don't think I would want my kids around that child. No advice since you already don't see them often but hopefully he grows out of that stage or someone finally does something about it. That's terrible behavior. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Not cool to call him names & threaten to hit him. You're stooping to his level & acting childish. His behavior is atrocious but that's his parents fault for not teaching him better. At the next family event I'd make it very clear that we can't play together because he's too aggressive & not a good listener. Then go play with your own kids. Maybe excluding him will show him you're serious about not putting up with his shit. Good luck mama!
AugustMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Wow. I think I would have left.i don't even know.
Bird_on_a_wire
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM
4 moms liked this

All I had to do was read the part about how the parents react to the way he behaves.  They are the issue.  It will only get worse until they realize that his behavior isn't being just a kid, especially when he ends up in juvie when he is 16.

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM

i would just avoid them as much as possible. keep visits short and not engage alone with satan. and obviously stop babysitting. what a terror!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)