Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you didn't go to college and you're poor then it's your own fault and you shouldn't have children.

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:01 PM
  • 405 Replies
77 moms liked this
Blah blah blah.
Has it ever occurred to anyone that some of us are broke because we went to college and now have loans to pay off?
Before you judge someone for having little to no money maybe you should find out why before you just throw everyone in a group and point a finger.
Just because you have more money than me and you haven't struggled as much, doesn't mean you're better than me. It only means you had a different hand to work with.
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Well said mama. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM
21 moms liked this

I have more money than most people and I was beyond penniless all through college and then some. 

Never in my life would I ever have considered using the welfare system or having kids. I would have been a complete idiot to have children when I couldn't even afford to support myself! 

Apparently this is no longer common sense. 

drsmith94
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Well said mama. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
👏

Exactly. Some people are too stupid to understand that though.
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:26 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree.

Also, student loans are a choice. The military, scholarships, working full time through school, are all ways to make sure you don't have tons of loans.

Unfortunately, the common way now days, is to live off aid money.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have more money than most people and I was beyond penniless all through college and then some. 

Never in my life would I ever have considered using the welfare system or having kids. I would have been a complete idiot to have children when I couldn't even afford to support myself! 

Apparently this is no longer common sense. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM
7 moms liked this

I think I am FAR, FAR better than people on welfare.  I can support myself and my family in addtion to theirs.  Yes, that does make me bettter.

And it took me 9 years and 11 months to repay my student loan debt.  And I didnt have kids until it was gone because that's what responsible people do.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I flat out refuse to take out loans. Fuuuuck that. But then again, I don't think I'm better than anybody. I'm jusy not digging being in debt forever, watching my mom lose the house and her tax return for the last I don't even know how many years was enough to scare me off that idea.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:32 PM
4 moms liked this
I think the point is to go to college, then marry, then have kids. That's what people are saying, for the most part anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:33 PM
6 moms liked this

If you were broke, would go buy a new car? If you were broke, would you go buy a new house?, If you were broke, would you go on an expensive vacation? It doesn't matter how you became broke, what your bills are or how they were made. Being broke is being broke and you don't spend money on things you can't afford or put yourself in a position to become more in debt. You can justify your bad financial situation any way you want. But if you owed more money than you could afford to pay back, and then created more debt...there is no valid justification.

Knowing this doesn't make me better than you, just smarter.

hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:33 PM
5 moms liked this

Not to mention college is hell of expensive and not everyone can afford to go! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)