Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Exotic Pets

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM
  • 11 Replies

Does anyone have any exotic pets? Someone told me about being walked to the bustop by their grandmother's pet monkey when they were a kid and I can't stop laughing.

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Nope I had the boring cats, dogs and hampster (sp).

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:51 AM

We have  guinea pigs.  I never considered them "exotic" until we discovered that you need to take them to an "exotic animals vet" when they get sick because they have special needs that vets who work mostly on cats and dogs can't really handle safely.

cbear2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM
I have 2 red belly pirahnas.
Until recently we also had a ball python.

When i was in high school there was a pair of mallard ducks (wild) that would always be ahead of me heading to the bus.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I know I'm a little late in this post.. but I found it when I searched exotic pets. lol We have a 2 year old F4 Savannah that is technically considered exotic. A Savannah is a hybrid of a domestic cat & African Serval. He's not wild or anything. He's just a slightly larger, spoiled rotten, house cat. :) 

grey7399
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:22 AM

Oh yeah. Lots of them.  I am not going to list them all.  lol I need to go to sleep

olismom2006
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM

1 big goose... Dewey.  2 ducks Huey & Louie .......

olismom2006
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:25 AM

He is beautiful!!!!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I know I'm a little late in this post.. but I found it when I searched exotic pets. lol We have a 2 year old F4 Savannah that is technically considered exotic. A Savannah is a hybrid of a domestic cat & African Serval. He's not wild or anything. He's just a slightly larger, spoiled rotten, house cat. :) 

Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM

I have two ferrets and a chinchilla.

Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:28 AM

Aww so beautifull.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:31 AM

I grew up with all kinds of exotic animals. We have had Madagascar hissing cockroaches, all kinds of snakes and lizards, a couple of alligators, a descented skunk, a hedgehog, three lions, emus, all kinds of birds, a Bengal cat, and probably more than I can think of right now. We also had all the standard farm animals- cats, dogs, sheep, hogs, cows, goats, ponies, horses, donkeys, mules, geese, ducks, guinea fowls, turkeys, chickens, rabbits, peacocks, and again, probably more than I can think of right now. We did not have all these animals at the same time. We had several combinations at different times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)