Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would your SO/DH leave the bar if your child was having nightmares and wanted him to come home?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:35 AM
  • 366 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: So, would your SO/DH drop whatever he was doing if his child needed him?

Options:

Without hesitation

Depending on how big of a issue it is

Maybe after this next round

You're kidding me right?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 531

View Results

Been having issues with my husband. Things are to a breaking point. Tonight my youngest who has been having nightmares wanted me to get a hold of his dad and have him come straight home, (he works 3-11 with a hour [ish]) drive home. Because he was scared to go to sleep because he afraid he was going to have another nightmare. My son wanted the "big" dream catcher cause his dad had the small one in his truck. Anyhow, when I finally got a hold of my husband he was at the bar. (no hey I'm stopping for a bit, nothing) But he decided that because it was someones birthday, it was more important that he stay at the bar then come home like his son was asking, let alone help find the dream catcher. Add to it I am the uber b**** because I laid out how messed up it was and that he isn't just hurting me but all three of the kids. Who will not be nearly as forgiving as I have mistakenly been. 

So, would your SO/DH drop whatever he was doing if his child needed him? 

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, he would. Unless he was working of course.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:39 AM
3 moms liked this

I would not want him to.  After teh bar he does not need to be around his kids at all.  Tell the kid you are there and that is good enough for now.  If you call the dad home from the bar, he is not stupid, he will know you really did that for yourself.watching tennis

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Working at the bar?

Quoting bowribbonmama:

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:42 AM

I was answering this part of the question. "So, would your SO/DH drop whatever he was doing if his child needed him?"

Quoting Anonymous:

Working at the bar?

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Britney- Mommy to Ashton (8) Chloe (6) Bethany (3) & Madelyn (06/23/2013)

blinx
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:43 AM
I would be a little mad too. But in his defense, its nice to have a little space to be an adult, and he may have just needed the time to not have to be any ones hero. Does it make it ok? Idk. Im just stating its understandable.
PeachiMommy
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:45 AM

He would without hesitation unless it was something like his boss not letting him take an early day. However, at the bar, it would depend for ME on how drunk he is and whether he has a ride. If he has a ride and isn't too drunk, I would be okay, but I would tell him to forget it if he's slurring his words on the phone (that's not to say I would be mad, I would assume he went to the bar to get drunk with my go ahead.)

buckeyefever
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:46 AM

yes but than again mine does not drink and has came home several times because my three year old for awhile was having health issues.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Without a question. His family comes first
WickedOpal
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:48 AM
4 moms liked this

The sad part is that I voted "Without Hesitation" and my DH isn't their BF.  He's their step dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this

He better leave the bar, or big problems later.           

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)