Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 13 year old stepdaughter is pregnant and - Update post-

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM
  • 494 Replies
4 moms liked this

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19838217/My_13_year_old_stepdaughter_is_pregnant_and_Update_2

Over the last few days my thread has been bumped a few times asking for updates and I've gotten a hand full of PMs asking the same, so I thought I would update once and for all, for those who are interested.

SD is due on the 8th of November. She is currently 19 weeks pregnant.

Because her body isn't adjusting very well to being pregnant (surprise, surprise) she is already having issues with bowel and bladder control issues and has been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum. Because she is such high risk she already has to have weekly doctor appointments and fortnightly scans.

Last weeks scan indicated that she is having a boy, however she will have to wait in till next week to have that offically confirmed. She is devestated at this as she wanted a girl, and all the baby stuff that she will recieve will be of the girl variety, from either her mother (who just had a girl) or myself, who had a girl almost 2 years ago. This means the baby will probably be wearing pink and purple for the forseeable future, as the only thing we are supplying her with brand new is a crib (DD still uses hers) and car seat (safety reasons). We will supply her with formula, diapers and other baby necessities but any wants, such as gender specific itams or clothing she must pay for herself.

She moved back in with her mother for the month of May, however she has now moved back in with us for the summer and will stay on after her brother and sister go home indefinitely (for at least the first few months of the babies life). Both her and the baby will move into my middle sons room, who will move in and share with his brother. After summer she will start homeschooling with my youngest son in till both her and the baby have settled into their new lives. 

She has been helping both her mother and myself with our DD's. The results so far have not been hopeful.

The babies father and his family have decided not to be involved and are planning on moving to Georgia at the end of the year. We are in California.

She still will not even consider adoption.

Thank you to everybody who has offered support and advice over the last couple of months, whether through the above thread or private message.

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorbinsMumma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Ugh. I dont know what to say. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM
12 moms liked this

Should have gotten an abortion.

ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM
48 moms liked this

Even if he decides he doesn't want in the baby's life she can still get child support unless he signs rights away. Maybe let her have a yard sale and sale some of the clothes you all are giving her to get boy clothes or find a consignment shop to trade for store credit.

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Whoa. I wish you all the best. That's all I've got. 

tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM
7 moms liked this

All three of us wholeheartedly agree, but we can't and won't force her to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Holy shit, 13, I can't even imagine being pregnant at that age.

I have a 13 year old son and can't imagine him being a dad. I still have to tell him to pick up after himself and sometimes to go take a shower.
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM
11 moms liked this

how do you expect her to pay for anything? she isn't the legal age to work. 

BonnieRay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM
This is sad. I am sorry that you are going through this. Why isn't she going to live with her mother?

Are you going to care for the baby if she can't or won't?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. That poor child... and baby. She has no idea how to be a parent and that baby will suffer. Not to mention, she may end up never being able to have any more children if this pregnancy does more damage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM
7 moms liked this

The scariest part of all of this is that you homeschool.  SMH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)