Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's taking effort not to murder my child

Posted by   + Show Post
He just killed the expensive smart tv. :(

He threw a hot wheel at it. And shattered the screen.

And we don't have money for a new one right now. It's the only electronic in the house, aside from my phone.

How does one punish a two year old for such actions? (The title was an attention grabber, I don't use physical punishment against children)
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM
His cars are good life... like he ignores all other toys. So I kinda think that's extreme. But I'm also feel like I'm being ready on him.

Quoting sheramom4:

All of the cars would be taken away and donated as he is obviously not old enough for them yet. That includes all tracks, cases, etc. Anything that could be a "projectile" would be put away for now as well. 

Beyond that, not being able to watch his shows will be an additional punishment. 

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Sheesh. I don't even know a proper punishment for a child that young for an offense that big.

Quoting firespurity: Yea, usually I prefer for him to come home in the evenings. I'm hoping tonight he stays out as long as he needs.

Quoting MilkLover0203: I can't even imagine. My husband would be so fucking mad.

Quoting firespurity: I had to make df go for a drive. He was shaking he was so mad. :/ I handled it better.

Quoting MilkLover0203: Oh my. I'd be so pissed.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM
The magical logic of my df was to not buy the insurance for it. Warranty won't cover that sort of damage.

Quoting Anonymous: No warranty or insurance on it?
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Take all his hot wheels away from him for starters.

CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Luckily (if it's like Australia) you can catch up on your favourite shows online
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Me either. Clearly the car he threw is gone and no more tv. But beyond that, I'm not sure.

Quoting MilkLover0203: Sheesh. I don't even know a proper punishment for a child that young for an offense that big.

Quoting firespurity: Yea, usually I prefer for him to come home in the evenings. I'm hoping tonight he stays out as long as he needs.

Quoting MilkLover0203: I can't even imagine. My husband would be so fucking mad.

Quoting firespurity: I had to make df go for a drive. He was shaking he was so mad. :/ I handled it better.

Quoting MilkLover0203: Oh my. I'd be so pissed.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Those are the only tips that he plays with. His life is cars cars cars.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I just wouldn't but expensive stuff until hes older and understands. (All of our furniture is garage sale and thrift shop at the moment) because I knew they will end up coloring on everything, potty accidents, spilling drinks, jumping on everything, and putting stickers everywhere. No, I dont allow it but sometimes things just happen. When the last one is about 10, we will think about new furniture.
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Oh my. I hope the baby is okay now.

Sending good thoughts.

((Hugs))

Quoting firespurity: Well, cars are taken and tv isn't happening for anyone now. No extra money right now. Getting caught back up from a series of bad events (baby with medical issues that required hospitalization in another state for four months, and then job change)

Quoting TexanMomOf6: He's 2. He didn't know what could happen. You could fuss at him, put his hot wheels anyway for 3 days and tell him now he can't watch Barney or Sesame Street because he broke the TV.

Go get an old TV and vcr and old vhs tapes for cheap at a resale shop.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this

If he were my kid, they'd be gone, gone, gone.

Quoting firespurity: Those are the only tips that he plays with. His life is cars cars cars.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN