Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's taking effort not to murder my child

Posted by   + Show Post
He just killed the expensive smart tv. :(

He threw a hot wheel at it. And shattered the screen.

And we don't have money for a new one right now. It's the only electronic in the house, aside from my phone.

How does one punish a two year old for such actions? (The title was an attention grabber, I don't use physical punishment against children)
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
SuchAKillJoy
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:59 PM
I honestly don't know. I managed to get the "lets throw everything" thing nipped pretty soon. So we only had a couple of problems. I have always taught hands, fingers, and toes off the tv.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Stickers would have been welcome. My ex bought it a week before leaving me. But it was still really nice. I called the company, pretty much anything else can be repaired, but not the screen. :/

Quoting Anonymous: I just wouldn't but expensive stuff until hes older and understands. (All of our furniture is garage sale and thrift shop at the moment) because I knew they will end up coloring on everything, potty accidents, spilling drinks, jumping on everything, and putting stickers everywhere. No, I dont allow it but sometimes things just happen. When the last one is about 10, we will think about new furniture.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:01 PM
We haven't been dealing with that stage. It was completely out of no where. Like he was playing with my oldest, and suddenly he turns around and chucks it at the screen. The middle. Not a corner. Grr

Quoting SuchAKillJoy: I honestly don't know. I managed to get the "lets throw everything" thing nipped pretty soon. So we only had a couple of problems. I have always taught hands, fingers, and toes off the tv.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
She's great now. Still being followed closely. :) I'm thankful for that.

Quoting TexanMomOf6: Oh my. I hope the baby is okay now.

Sending good thoughts.

((Hugs))

Quoting firespurity: Well, cars are taken and tv isn't happening for anyone now. No extra money right now. Getting caught back up from a series of bad events (baby with medical issues that required hospitalization in another state for four months, and then job change)

Quoting TexanMomOf6: He's 2. He didn't know what could happen. You could fuss at him, put his hot wheels anyway for 3 days and tell him now he can't watch Barney or Sesame Street because he broke the TV.

Go get an old TV and vcr and old vhs tapes for cheap at a resale shop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Wow! I'm so sorry OP! I am so glad my kids have never thrown cars or other toys in the house! They know that the only toys to be thrown are balls and you only throw them outside period!
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
This was the first time throwing a toy had happened. :( it had to be the tv.

Quoting Anonymous: Wow! I'm so sorry OP! I am so glad my kids have never thrown cars or other toys in the house! They know that the only toys to be thrown are balls and you only throw them outside period!
SuchAKillJoy
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Maybe he is starting it then? I don't know why their little brains suddenly decide throwing things is the answer to everything, its fun, its for when they are mad, sad, or even happy just meeehh.

Quoting firespurity: We haven't been dealing with that stage. It was completely out of no where. Like he was playing with my oldest, and suddenly he turns around and chucks it at the screen. The middle. Not a corner. Grr

Quoting SuchAKillJoy: I honestly don't know. I managed to get the "lets throw everything" thing nipped pretty soon. So we only had a couple of problems. I have always taught hands, fingers, and toes off the tv.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM
I hope it's not a window next.

Quoting SuchAKillJoy: Maybe he is starting it then? I don't know why their little brains suddenly decide throwing things is the answer to everything, its fun, its for when they are mad, sad, or even happy just meeehh.

Quoting firespurity: We haven't been dealing with that stage. It was completely out of no where. Like he was playing with my oldest, and suddenly he turns around and chucks it at the screen. The middle. Not a corner. Grr

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Hot wheels would be taken away, a spanking would probably happen then a time out followed by a why we don't throw toys lecture.

Alyssia89
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Thats why I buy the longest warranty possible :/ I'm sorry that really sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)