Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's taking effort not to murder my child

Posted by   + Show Post
He just killed the expensive smart tv. :(

He threw a hot wheel at it. And shattered the screen.

And we don't have money for a new one right now. It's the only electronic in the house, aside from my phone.

How does one punish a two year old for such actions? (The title was an attention grabber, I don't use physical punishment against children)
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Replies (331-335):
reefermadness
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Why does a 2 yo have hot wheels?

Marti123
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM
So sorry mama! At 2, not a lot to do but logical consequence of losing cars for a whole and boohooooo no TV. Way harder on mama than him :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I would have paddled his ass.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Quoting firespurity: I don't think a one time incident would stop me from buying quality items. You've described a series of incidents that are extreme enough to avoid replacing things.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firespurity: Well this is one thing. Everything else is fine and this is a one time incident. I'm sorry you have a destructive bunch. It happens. Luckily for me my faucet wad easy and my son's big thing is throwing fits.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firespurity: Is this serious? I've had nice things since before my daughter was born. This is the only major thing to break.
Quoting Anonymous:

He is two. You cannot have nice things in the home with small kids. Our stuff is torn up because things just happen. You are not always RIGHT THERE. Its a TV. Dont buy nice things anymore. Buy a pawn shop TV until he is older.

I am dead serious. This is how a lot of parents live. We should buy a new furniture set, but I wont because my middle had a nail from the wall ( 5 yrs old ) and tore a HUGE hole/line in it. My 4 yr old as I was packing and moving got the permanate marker and drew a few lines on the couch before I grabbed it. My 4 yr old was playing with something on the TV when I was hanging clothes on the line and scratched up our tv. You really cannot be with your kids all the time. Housework, bathroom, phone call, ect. We bought our tv at a pawn shop for that reason. New furniture will have to wait until they are older. I cannot keep buying things.

Kids are kids. So, I can label yours destructive because they broke a tv?

Well yours is 2 starting this behavior. I knew to watch mine at 2.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM
All kids do weird things at times. I am aware of that. A one time incident isn't going to prevent me from buying items that aren't high quality. I have nice towels and nice appliances, a lovely bedding set. My oldest has an entire bedroom set that's very nice. My son's room is toddler ready, but will be upgraded when he gets older. If things break, I'll replace them as I can afford to do so. To be honest, I'm clumsy. I've broken more then the kids. I've already replace my dish set twice from my own clumsiness. I didn't go get dollar tree plates forever more, just because I know there is a risk it breaking. I could have no kids or pets and things could still get broken. I'm in tornado alley, a tornado could strike tomorrow. In the end, it doesn't stop me from getting things that are "nice".

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firespurity: I don't think a one time incident would stop me from buying quality items. You've described a series of incidents that are extreme enough to avoid replacing things.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firespurity: Well this is one thing. Everything else is fine and this is a one time incident. I'm sorry you have a destructive bunch. It happens. Luckily for me my faucet wad easy and my son's big thing is throwing fits.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firespurity: Is this serious? I've had nice things since before my daughter was born. This is the only major thing to break.
Quoting Anonymous:

He is two. You cannot have nice things in the home with small kids. Our stuff is torn up because things just happen. You are not always RIGHT THERE. Its a TV. Dont buy nice things anymore. Buy a pawn shop TV until he is older.

I am dead serious. This is how a lot of parents live. We should buy a new furniture set, but I wont because my middle had a nail from the wall ( 5 yrs old ) and tore a HUGE hole/line in it. My 4 yr old as I was packing and moving got the permanate marker and drew a few lines on the couch before I grabbed it. My 4 yr old was playing with something on the TV when I was hanging clothes on the line and scratched up our tv. You really cannot be with your kids all the time. Housework, bathroom, phone call, ect. We bought our tv at a pawn shop for that reason. New furniture will have to wait until they are older. I cannot keep buying things.

Kids are kids. So, I can label yours destructive because they broke a tv?

Well yours is 2 starting this behavior. I knew to watch mine at 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)